Text inside a <div> element - why doesn't it require a <p> element?

In this lesson:

https://www.codecademy.com/paths/learn-how-to-build-websites/tracks/intro-to-css/modules/learn-css-selectors-visual-rules/lessons/css-setup-selectors/exercises/nested-elements

I notice that the code sometimes uses division elements that have text inside the division element, but there are no paragraph tags.

Here is an example:

<div class="description">A city in the midst of reinventing itself and continuing to build on the success of the 2008 Summer Olympics, Beijing is a place of frenzied construction. New housing, new roads, and new sports venues seem to spring up overnight. At the same time, the capital of the Peoples Republic of China remains an epicenter of tradition, with the treasures of nearly 2,000 years as the imperial capital still on viewin the famed Forbidden City and in the luxuriant pavilions and gardens of the Summer Palace.

In this example, there is is no paragraph element. Is the <p>/</p> implied here?

Thank you!

Hello @mega6951449831. The <p></p> are better to have, but I wouldn’t say they are implied in your situation. <div> tags will render any text that between it, just like it will render anything else between it.
I hope this helps!

1 Like

Thank you very much. This explains it :slight_smile:

1 Like