Text editor - Visual Studio Code and JavaScript

Hello,

I have just enrolled in to the Full-Stack Engineer course and in the Step 3 ( Setting Up Your Dev Environment ) there is an article I need to read about advanced JavaScript features in Visual Studio Code but I don’t understand anything that is written in that article plus I have to answer the questions. What should I do now?

So far I have done and understand everything that was asked from me and this step seems like its too advanced for me at this moment. Should I move to 4. JavaScript Syntax, Part I or? I do not want to miss anything.

Thank you for your time :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The article mentions in the beginning what is covered in this article:

This topic describes some of the advanced JavaScript features supported by Visual Studio Code. Using the TypeScript language service, VS Code can provide smart completions (IntelliSense) as well as type checking for JavaScript.

The most crucial word in this introduction is: TypeScript

Do you know what TypeScript is and why you might want to use TypeScript?

Because digging through an article on TypeScript without a clue over the how and why, is indeed confusing.

If you don’t know TypeScript, you might want to find a simpler article which roughly explains what TypeScript is. Or could explain it an a few sentences, but first I would like to know what currently know of TypeScript

1 Like

@byte0790873366 Found this article which might be helpful: https://www.typescriptlang.org/docs/handbook/typescript-from-scratch.html

1 Like