Hi everyone! While searching for awesome Hackathons to join online during the holidays at DevPost I came across this one hosted in NYC this coming weekend. The topics are great and the prizes neat, so I thought I’d share. Hackathons are great to practice skills and also make new friends. If you are like me and are learning to code for job/career opportunities, you know how crucial it can be to meet people and learn about opportunities through them.
Good luck to all of you that decide to participate! And feel free to use this topic thread to find teammates
TechTogether New York’s second all-female, femme, and non-binary hackathon.
The theme for TechTogether New York 2020 is Embracing Uncertainty.
It’s important now more than ever to come together (virtually, of course) and support one another as we face the challenges of this year, as a community.
At TechTogether New York, our mission is to:
- Empower women and non-binary individuals in technology to achieve.
- Provide them with opportunities to explore the tech industry in an inspiring, encouraging, and energizing environment.
- Create a community of inclusivity within the tech industry.
To participate as a hacker, you must…
- Identify as female or femme non-binary.
- Be at least 14 years old.
- Men are welcome to mentor, volunteer, judge, or participate as sponsors.
- There are no location restrictions!
If you do not meet those criteria, please consider joining us at TechTogether New York as a judge or mentor!
Work must be entirely completed during the hackathon hours.
You must submit a 2 minute (max) video demo!
You must be on a team of 2-6 people.
Follow this URL to get more info and to see the list of prizes per category!