Technical question for the professionals. Help a sister out!

If I never defined the term (is it even called a term?) "numbers" then how does the function know what numbers I'm even referring to, nevertheless what numbers this is.

This might not even be a question for the professionals; I'm just a noobie :3 <3

PS. If anyone is curious this is the python lesson "Student Becomes a Teacher: Just Weight and See"

PLEASE LET ME KNOW, I'm really curious !!

While we cannot read all of your code (we would prefer if you just posted the raw code), am I guessing correctly you are referring to the variable, numbers?

This is an arbitrary variable name, where it describes what it refers to. Numbers. This would imply (to a reader) that it is a list. It would be more semantic if it described the list as what the numbers represent, namely, grades, or grade scores. But this is entirely up to the programmer to decide.

There are some more code on the lower lines, but it reads from left to right and top to bottom (or at least that's what i think it does) so i thought the rest of the code didn't matter.

And yes! I was referring to the LIST (lol thank you btw) "numbers", but how does it know what I'm referring to, if I never defined that list

The local variable, numbers, takes its definition from the argument passed into the function. For instance, each student has three lists, homework, quizzes and tests. numbers refers to each list as it is passed to the function.

ty ty ty

THANKS A TON !!!