Technical Error: Last practice for loop

Moderators, forgive me if I've posted this in the wrong place but for the last hour, I haven't been able to use the 'Save & Submit' button. It just freezes my browser. I've logged in and out of the system, restarted my computer to no avail. Is there a bug is this part of the lesson?

Seems like you may have made an infinite loop inside your code, what code was causing the issue?

I'm actually getting it the same frozen behaviour for multiple lessons now @benjnev. The code for each lesson as below:

The first one is an infinite loop.

Because you have i = 100; then you're saying i<=100; which it already is so it keeps looping.
I made this which works

for(var i = 100; i >=0; i= i-5){
  console.log(i);
}

And for the second one is also an infinite loops, but im not too confident on how to fix that one, I believe you also need to declare things like var i and var j

@mtf @albionsrefuge @haxor789 Any idea's for part 2?

In the inner for loop: The counting variable is j but the variable that gets increased is i. So as j stays the same value the condition j < i+myName.length will always be true -> infinite loop.

Ah, thanks @benjnev @haxor789.

So in that case, with my inner for loop, in order to correct is, my value needs to be j++ as opposed to i++. Am I right?

Yes, I'll let haxor explain because all I can really say is that j is counting up till its equal with i then it pushes it to the hits array, then you console.log hits to get it to print the result

Short: Yes:
The idea is that you search for the first letter if of your name. if you found it you enter the inner loop starting at the position i (where you found it). And add the next myName.length letters to your hits array. Obviously

j < (myName.length+i)

is the same as

j < i+myName.length

but in the second version it might be more obvious what you try to do here. So as j goes from j = i to j = i+myName.length it is j which needs to be increased. So yes.

Cool, thanks @haxor789!