Teacher Resources

Hi,

Has the ability to set-up accounts for a class of students and track pupil progress been removed?

I had managed to set-up pupil accounts for a class last year but am unable to do so for my current class.

Regards.

last i heard? Yes, support for this feature does no longer exist. But i can’t find the source.

That’s a shame, that was a useful feature.

Thanks for your reply.

There’s a post here which mentions this change and the rationale.

We’re still aiming to bring a new and improved teacher tool to Codecademy in 2018.

Hi, I'm Clayton Batchelor

Thank you… that link was useful.

Same here, used it last year. Wanted to set it up for the final lessons of this year and couldn’t find it anywhere. Major drawback as now I’ll have to find and set up a whole new system with a different platform where I’ll probably stay. Last year was already a bumpy ride with the old courses going down mid-term, now this :confused:

Hi, can you tell me when the teacher tool will be returning? I want to use it to assign summer work.

I am looking to get set up for my high school classes for this year and I still do not see any teacher/class tools. I thought the previous ones they had were fine, but as far as I can tell they haven’t been replaced. Using Google Classroom is really not that good an alternative.

Unfortunately, I’ve found Codecademy’s understanding of the teaching profession and eagerness to adapt to its needs to be far less than stellar. Their choices have been problematic multiple times for my classroom. But even more problematic was the timing of their actions. Usually I found out it was changing or going away just before my course was slated to begin.

Having used the teacher tools in my classroom for a number of years, I felt they were completely adequate. As we have been without them now for quite some time I have already begun transitioning my curriculum to other resources. The Google classroom option is simply not a replacement for the teacher tools in my case.

If the teacher tools are gone yet another year, I plan to completely transition away from Codecademy by the start of the 2019/20 school year since it would be clear at that point that Codecademy is not serious about supporting teachers in their classrooms and has insufficient understanding of our needs to be relied on.

I hope they prove me wrong. :wink: