SWIFT-IOS DEVELOPER CAREER PATH-How do i get the best of it?

New to swift, two weeks into the IOS developer career path. I was wondering what’s the most effective way to learn it because when I try to solve a question on my own from scratch I find it really tough but when I have a guide it’s not a problem at all.

1 Like

Hi! Did you see the iOS Developer Group 129, 2022 thread? That might be a good place to post.

Not sure how experienced you are with coding, but it definitely takes time to learn, even if you’re already familiar with a language or two. For me, Xcode seems more complex than Visual Studio Code (the compiler I’ve been using). I’m excited about Xcode, but I think I’ll be following the career path guide pretty closely until I get more comfortable with it.

I watched the WWDC19 video from when SwiftUI was released, and took a quick look at the various projects available from Apple. (Both links are in the course intro.). I’m hoping that the iOS dev course will give me the foundation I need to tinker with the Apple projects later.

For me, learning to code is all about learning the basics and tinkering a little along the way, but if I dive in too quickly, my code gets tangled up. It’s definitely a process!

I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, I realised I gotta slow things down I was trying to learn too much in one day making me do a lot of mistakes, also I planned a similar path as you, trying to finish the career path and then start with the apple projects to learn as much as I can.

1 Like

Appreciate the feedback :pray:

1 Like