Sustainable SCSS, Organize with Partials Bug

Above is a link to the exercise that I am stuck at. Basically it asks for me to add in one line of code

@import "helper/variables";

to demonstrate my knowledge of importing a file from the sass file system. But when I do that and click run I receive a red X and the error message "Did you import the variables in main.scss?" I haven't done anything else with the code. And main.scss is attached below. I believe this to be a bug but I can't move on with the tutorial until I get around this. Can anyone help?

The code is posted below. And I am using chrome as my browser.

@import url(; //CSS import
@import "helper/placeholders";
@import "helper/mixins";
@import "helper/variables"; // <- code added here as per instructions 

h1 {
  font-family: Roboto, sans-serif;
  @include center;

.banner {
  font-family: 'Pacifico', cursive;
  height: 400px;
  background-image: url(lemonade-banner);
  border: {
    top: $border;
    bottom: $border;

.slogan {
    background-color: $translucent-white;
    border: 4px solid black;
    top: 200px;
    left: 25%;
    line-height: 200px;
    @include dimensions(50%, 200px);

span {
      @include center;
      width: 40%;
      left: 30%;

.container {
  font-family: 'Pacifico', cursive;

.icon {
    display: inline-block;
    margin: 2%;
    border: $border;
    @include dimensions(300px, 300px);

This might be stupid question but have you renamed the variables file?

It should have an underscore infront of it;

Only other suggestion would be to restart the challenge and try again.. failing this restart challenge in new browser?

No I haven't. It still has the underscore. I restarted it and it still didn't work, started it over in a different browser (went from chrome to firefox) and it didn't work. I even asked to get the code and it gave me a fetching error. I managed to fix it by looking in a different thread at code that gave a bug a few exercises up and copied and pasted the main.scss file. Even though it had @extend and a few other selectors modified it worked. And I've completed the tutorial. I also reported it as a bug.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.