Style the Head, HTML 3, #9

Message : Oops, try again. Surround 'Famous Monster' with em , /em tags!

The preview of my work is correct, red text that is italicized, but I am still getting this message, any help appreciated.

Code:

< thead >
< tr >
< th colspan="2"; style = "color:red">< em >Famous Monsters by Birth Year< /em >< /th >
< /tr >
< tr style="border-bottom:1px solid black; ">

* code wasnt displaying so I added spaces

Lesson 9 error mssg, surround with <em> tags

remove this semicolon from th tag(after colspan), and you get error because you must set em for Famous Monster, no all of the text.

I removed the semicolon and am stil recieving the same error, and Famous Monsters By Birth Year is the only thing italized on the page.

Lesson 9 error mssg, surround with <em> tags

1- link of course and instructions
2- use ctrl+shift+c to use insert code option of editor
3- your text is? <em>Famous Monsters</em> by Birth Year

your problem is here:

<thead>
                <tr>
                    <th colspan="2" style="color:red;">Famous Monsters by Birth Year</th>
                </tr>
                <tr style="border-bottom:1px solid black;">
                    <th style="padding:5px;font-style:italic;"><em>Famous Monster</em></th>
                    <th style="padding:5px;font-style:italic;border-left:1px solid black;">Birth Year</th>
                </tr>
            </thead>

there is two part that have same text, this is correct code

Hey guys I am on lesson 9 and I am not sure what I am doing wrong, any advice is much appreciated. thanks.

https://www.codecademy.com/en/courses/web-beginner-en-f8mcL/1/4?curriculum_id=50579fb998b470000202dc8b#

Oops, try again. Surround 'Famous Monster' with tags!

<thead>
                <tr>
                    <th colspan="2"; style = "color:red"><em>Famous Monsters by Birth Year</em></th>
                </tr>

you have 3 <th></th> agree? Famous monsters by birth year (1) and famous monsters (2) and birth year (3)

the em tags should be on 2 and 3, not 1

please read my answer, it covers your question

Thanks! I read it 3 times before I finally figured it out - I was reading the directions wrong...ARG! I deleted my post, but not soon enough :slight_smile: