Stuck on Lesson 8 Can you swing it?

https://www.codecademy.com/courses/web-beginner-en-WF0CF/1/4?curriculum_id=50579fb998b470000202dc8b

The code results in exactly what is required; however, I get the following error message: Oops, try again. Did you remember to set the color of the synopsis paragraph to #7AC5CD?

CSS Code

/*Add your CSS below!*/
p {
    font-family: Garamond
} 

div > p {
    font-weight: bold;
}

body > p {
    font-weight: bold;
}

ul {
    color: #000000;
    text-decoration: underline;
}

#synopsis {
    color: #7AC5CD;
}
-------------------------------------------------------------
HTML code

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
	<head>
		<link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" href="stylesheet.css"/>
		<title>Ultimate Text Challenge</title>
	</head>
	<body>
		<p>Introduction: Cascading with CSS</p>
		<div>
			<p>Synopsis: When you set a property of a selector like 'p' to a certain value, that value applies to <em>all</em> p tags.
			If, however, you change that same property to a different value for a more specific instance of p,
			that change will <em>override</em> the 'general rule'.
			</p>
			<ul>
				<li><p>If you say p { font-family: Garamond}, all 'p's will have the font Garamond.</p></li>
				<li><p>BUT if you say li p {font-family: Verdana}, 'p's outside of 'li's will be
					   in Garamond, and 'p's INSIDE 'li's will be in Verdana.
				</p></li>
				<li><p>The more specific your selectors are, the higher importance CSS gives to the styling you apply!</p></li>
			</ul>
		</div>
		<p id="synopsis">Summary: Greater specificity makes CSS prioritize that particular styling.</synopsis>
	</body>
</html>

don't modify the html code, that makes it difficult to pass. Reset if needs be

also, look at the paragraph you gave the id is not the synopsis paragraph:

<p id="synopsis">Summary

the first word describes this is the summary paragraph, not the synopsis, the synopsis paragraph will have synopsis as first word (and no, the synopsis and summary are not the same paragraph)

I'm still lost. How do you isolate the last paragraph in a selector?

you don't? you target the introduction and summary paragraph, which are both a direct child of body (also first and last element, but not relevant in this case), and you target the synopsis paragraph which is a direct child of div

Feeling stupid . . . now I get it.

no need to feel stupid, i made so many mistakes when i started with programming, you can learn from them and become better :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.