cp: missing destination file operand after ‘frida.txt’
Try 'cp --help' for more information.
$ cp frida.txt
$ lincoln.txt
bash: lincoln.txt: command not found
$

https://www.codecademy.com/en/courses/learn-the-command-line/lessons/manipulation/exercises/ls-alt?action=resume

What's the problem? You posted a bunch of commands and their output but you aren't explaining what you need help with! A good way of doing this is to ask a bunch of specific questions. Right now it's difficult to guess what you want to know.

I navigated to the biopic directory and typed in cp frida.txt per the instructions. I recieved this error

I typed in lincoln.txt as well and recieved this error

bash: lincoln.txt: command not found

Thank you

Hello. Can anyone help?

That error message is telling you that you left out the information about where you want frida.txt copied to.

Do you understand what step 2 of that lesson is asking you to do? If you understand that then it will make it easier to use the right command.

Gotta explain what you want to know or people would have to guess and they (I) may not be willing to. Being clear and direct greatly affects response time, quality of response, and chance of getting one at all!
If I just read "this is what i did", then I get a little confused and then move along, because nothing was asked.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.