Stuck on HTML Basics II - Font Size Lesson - Help!

Hi everyone, I've been having some problems with the Codecademy HTML Basics II Unit, on Font SIzes. I keep getting an error message that says the following: "Oops, try again. Slow down there, Speed Racer--it looks like your (

) tags are nested funny, like this:

or

. Check the Hint if you need help!". I don't understand why I am getting this message.

`

The error message exactly tells you what is wrong? Anyway, when you have a paragraph:

<p>i am a paragraph</p>

you can add the style attribute to the paragraph opening tag:

<p style="">i am a paragraph</p>

without creating an additional opening tag.

for next time, use one of the two following options to make your code/indent is visible:

select your code and press ctrl + shift + c (or cmd + shift + c if you use a mac)

if this instructions are unclear, you can also insert 3 backticks before and after your code, like so:

```
<p>visible</p>
```

the backtick is located above the tab key on your keyboard

Oh, you can have it without a opening paragraph tag? I didn't know that.It worked! Thank you so much!

No, it has an opening tag. Usually you create a opening tag, and to this opening tag you add a style attribute. The opening tag is still there, you just added an attribute to it. You don't need two opening tags, like you did

Oh, okay. So the paragraph tag with the attribute is the opening tag. I understand now. Thank you for your help.