Stuck on dasmoto project, can anyone help (with background-image)

Hello im abit stuck on adding my background-image on this project. So everything else works perfectly, but my background- image wont show.

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
    <head>
        <title>Dasmoto Arts</title>
        <link href="./resources/css/dasmoto.css" type="text/css" rel="stylesheet">
    </head>
    <body>
        <header>
        <h1>Dasmoto's Arts & Crafts</h1>
        </header>
header {
    background-image: url(resources\images\dasmoto image 1.jpeg);
}

Thank you.

Space characters could be the problem. Replace the spaces with either a dash or an underscore and see if that fixes it.

Hello, Thank you for your reply, i tried both of them and still the background-image, didnt load to the page. Also i tried to search from the forums for solution, and tried those advices too, but none of them didnt help. I been trying for hours now to find solution to this, but for some reason it is still not loading to the page. Do you think, because i copy the ‘‘relative path tot he picture’’ and then paste it between the () is a problem maybe?

Thank you

The url() is looking for a resources folder inside the css folder.

+ site root/
    - index.html
    + resources/
        + css/
        + images/

The URL should read,

url(../images/dasmoto_image_1.jpeg)

so here is picture about my folders and all, still dont get it to work. thank you for your help. if anyone could help me somehow.

Web URLs use forward slash to demarcate directories. Your folder setup is as I had envisioned above. css and images are in the same folder (resources). As URL in the style sheet treats the css folder as its root, so must traverse up one level to reach the images folder.

background-image: url(../images/desmoto_image_1.jpeg);

Be sure to rename all your image files to use the underscore as given in the path above.

1 Like

Okay, Thank you i hope this helps will try it once i wake up. Thank you again.

1 Like

And Yes it did work! Thank you somuch! I had to make notes about this,i just had to change the name of the picture to not have spaces and have the underscore instead. thank you! now i can keep going with learning new stuff.

Cheers.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 18 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.