<head>
<title>
   < body>
     <h1>Pablo</h1>   
    </body>
   < /title>
</head>
</html>

I keep receiving this message: Oops, try again. Make sure you put in         <h1></h1> tags between your      <body></body> tags.

It appears to me and my html literate friends that i haven't made a mistake... I don't want to give up but what can I do if I'm stuck against this wall with something so seemingly simple?

Hey Pablo,

<body> belongs outside of the head. And also, spaces between < and the tag name can cause trouble.

Thank you for your help, unfortunately when i try that it tells me "Make sure you put in h1 tags between your body tags." after I attempted your correction. That space between < and the tag is a mistake I made when transferring to this question page, it is not in my original code.

The code was fine for the previous page but won't pass with the small addition they are asking me to make.

I've run into these problems with the PHP and Javascript lessons as well where I've done the exact thing that is asked of me but am not allowed to pass. I think I'm going to find a different site to learn these things.

Here try this:-

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head>
<title>Site Title</title>
</head>
    < body>
        <h1>Pablo</h1>   
    </body>
</html>

I think I'm going to find a different site to learn these things.

Your call. You're not required to learn to code using only Codecademy, and you're probably not required to learn to code at all.

I've run into these problems with the PHP and Javascript lessons as
well where I've done the exact thing that is asked of me but am not
allowed to pass.

I think the problem is that you're not doing what they've asked you to do, even though it might look like it. If you had taken a look at the code in 1/6, you would've seen the document structure they expected.

try this, it works
<! DOCTYPE HTML>

test