Stuck in the first lesson @ 7/9

https://www.codecademy.com/courses/learn-sass/lessons/hello-sass/exercises/types?action=lesson_resume

I followed the instructions given to add $icon-square-length to .icon. Eventhough the code is same as given in instruction, i am getting the error message "Did you nest and apply the properties to .icon?" After several attempt, I tried to get the right code from the "having trouble" dialogue box. At this point the page keeps loading and the right code doesnt appear. I am totally stuck here and can't go to the next page.

@import url(https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Pacifico);
//Add variables here:
$translucent-white: rgba(255,255,255,0.3);
$icon-square-length: 300px;

h1 {
  font-family: Roboto, sans-serif;
  text-align: center;
}

.banner {
  font-family: 'Pacifico', cursive;
  height: 400px;
  background-image: url("lemonade.jpg");
  border : {
    top: 4px solid black;
    bottom: 4px solid black;
	}

.slogan {
  	position: absolute;
  	border: 4px solid black;
  	top: 200px;
  	left: 25%;
  	width: 50%;
  	height: 200px;
    background-color: $translucent-white;

span {
  		position: absolute;
  		line-height: 200px;
		}
	}
}

.container {
  font-family: 'Pacifico', cursive;

.icon {
  	display: inline-block;
  	margin: 2%;
  	border: 4px solid black;
  	font-size: 32px;
         width: $icon-square-length;
         height: $icon-square-length;

}
}

Hope to get a reply soon.
Thank you

same here, exactly the same problem

Also, same issue here. Seems like it's not able to recognise the code as it shows many unexpected token.

UPDATE:

So here's a workaround.

1.) OP, go back to lesson 1/9, copy your scss-code into the main.scss file and compile it again to main.css.

2.) Then move straight over to 7/9 by clicking on next and finally click on run.

3.) You'll notice it works and you can move up to the next lesson.

Seems like you've to compile it to generate a proper mapping. Should be fixed asap.

Thank you. But it didnt work for me. I am still stuck up there.

Even after pasting the "new" code, means, the one including the variables and so on?

Yes, the latest code, (including the variable $icon-square-length) was copied to 2/9 and compiled. But didnt work.

I have the same problem

Totally going crazy with this course. After several communication with the codecademy people I could somehow proceed from 7/9. But now facing the same issue in 8/9. Exactly the same issue. I can neither reset the exercise nor get the right code.Hope the concerned people fix it asap.

Had same problem after hours decide to change the $translucent-white: value, instead rga(.....) just use white. i Think the problem is in the rga formula.

Also having this issue. I've logged out, tried the recompliling, changing the rgba. Not really sure what else I can do here.

Soooo what is there any way around this? Or are we all stuck with the same issues and problems?

The codecademy people mailed me saying that this issue has been brought to the attention of their engineers and that they are working on it. Hope it gets rectified soon.

I have the exact same problem here.

Same here. its really annoying.

This topic has a lot of posters and is almost two weeks old. If anyone has further problems on this course, please create your own topic to discuss it in and prevent elongating this topic, thanks.

Closing.