Stuck at second step on exercise 3/7

https://www.codecademy.com/courses/deploy-a-website/lessons/github-pages/exercises/git-init

I did git init and it created a directory but the second step still didn't check off, what else am I supposed to do? For the first step I just did cd personal-website and that seemed to have checked it off. Help?

Yeah, I'm having the same issue. I submitted a bug report

The problem is that the personal-website directory you created in the previous lesson doesn't always carry over. So you need to reenter your earlier commands.

Try this.

First, refresh the screen to begin a new terminal session.

Input the "pwd" command to make sure you are in the daw directory. You should get the output: /home/ccuser/workspace/daw

Create a new directory by typing "jekyll new personal-website". You should receive the output: New Jekyll site installed in /home/ccuser/workspace/daw/personal-website.

Now enter "git init". The second exercise box should be checked and you can now progress.

Note: If you let page idle for too long the pop up "Hey, are you still there. Get back to coding" will appear. This will trigger a new session in the terminal and may delete your personal-website directory. If this happens just reenter your commands and you will be able to progress.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.