Stuck and I can't go forward! I've done exactly what the hint says. However, it works if I use body: nth-child(3), but it will not except that

.fancy {
    font-family: cursive;
    color: violet;
}
#serious {
    font-family: Courier;
    color: #8c8c8c;
}
body :nth-child(4) {
    font-size: 26px;
}

https://www.codecademy.com/courses/web-beginner-en-WF0CF/4/5?curriculum_id=50579fb998b470000202dc8b

Oops, try again. Did you give your third paragraph a font-size of 26px? It looks like it's currently undefined.

Your code is fine. Check your zoom, make sure you're not accidentally zoomed in/out? (ctrl+0 or cmd+0 to reset)

Is correct if you use 3 you are going to be targeting the third element which is the second paragraph you need to target the third paragraph

This is my index.html code:

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
	<head>
		<link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" href="stylesheet.css"/>
		<title>Result</title>
	</head>
	<body>
		<!--Add your HTML below!-->
		<h3 class="fancy">
		    <p class="fancy">Make sure to do this.</p>
		</h3>
		   <p id="serious">Everything's gotta be done.</p>
		   <p>Work.</p>
	</body>
</html>

I understand that if I use 3 it would be targeting the third element, which is the second paragraph. The problem is when I use 3 it targets the third paragraph. I can see it in the preview window. When I use 4 it no longer targets the third paragraph. I am so perplexed! Thanks for responding. Any further help would be much appreciated.

Aha I see your problem, The order of the elements are jumbled up because you have your first paragraph inside your h3 header,

Remove you paragraph from within the header and you should pass and everything will make sense

Thank you, thank you, thank you! Makes so much sense now.