<div class="cards row">
  <% @tags.each do |t| %>
  	<div class="card col-xs-4">
	<% image_tag t.image %>
	<h2> <% t.title %> </h2>
  	</div>
  <% end %>
</div>

Given that I am in the view, and I did just iterate through each tag, I'm not sure whether this error message is about something, or a malfunction, unless I need a 'text' tag of some kind like I do for image (pretty sure no, anyhow 'text_tag' generates an error of its own).

Maddeningly, I can't go back to the previous lesson where I just did this so I can check my syntax - the Codeacademy interface in this re-routes me to whereever I left off, unlike previous courses where I could go to any part of any lesson to review if I needed to. (A major PITA -are they ever going to fix this?)

Hi Amy,

You need an equal sign (=) after the <% in your two Ruby tags displaying stuff, so your code looks like this:

<div class="cards row">
  <% @tags.each do |t| %>
  	<div class="card col-xs-4">
	<%= image_tag t.image %>
	<h2> <%= t.title %> </h2>
  	</div>
  <% end %>
</div>

There are several ways you can navigate around the course; would you like me to show you?

YES it's driving me nuts

YES it's driving me nuts

OK, so from the course page, you can scroll down, and below the Resume button, you'll see each section and be able to go to an individual section from there.
Once you're on an exercise, you can either use the Back and Next buttons along the bottom, or you can click the hamburger menu in the lower-left corner, and it will expand into what's shown and you can click on a specific exercise :)

Thanks Zystvan.

I think it is not working like that. I've been on the site for 3 years and am familiar with the sections on the course page and expanding the 'hamburger' menu (this is like the other courses I've taken).

What is supposed to happen (but does not) is that I'm supposed to be able to browse linearly, but - since the course is dynamic - I'll instead get rerouted to where I left off.

The old browsing was via the menu/submenu, not back/next buttons, and that may be enough of a difference to chalk this up to a user error. By now I've been back and forth so many times I'm pretty messed up, so I'm not in any state of mind to write a replicable bug report. I think I'll restart the course and see if I can duplicate the error, then get back to you.

This is a new course interface, though; you don't have three years of experience with this new interface, only the old one.

Please do, I hope we can figure out why you're having trouble navigating through the course :)

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.