SQL Count without Grouping

Hi there first time poster, I’m learning some SQL on my own and I setup a small db for my finances. I have 2 tables, expenses table with the name of a bill the and the total amount per month, and my second table, expenses_date that has the date of the bill and a FK pointing back to the expenses table. There are some bill which occur multiple times per month so they have multiple dates associated with a bill. I’m trying to write a query which will COUNT( ) the number of occurrences of the bill then divide it with the total amount. My issue is I can get the COUNT( ) and divide by the total amount, but I have to use a group by argument at the end of the query so I can’t view all the dates,

SELECT	Expenses_Id,
   	e.Name,
   	e.Amount,
   	COUNT(ed.Expenses_Id) AS 'Amount per Iteration'
FROM Expense_Dates ed
JOIN Expenses e ON ed.Expenses_Id = e.expense_id
GROUP BY ed.Expenses_Id, e.Name, e.Amount
|Expenses_Id|     Name|       Amount|  Amount per Iteration|

|1|               Rent|        612.00|              1|
|2|              Spotify|        9.99|              1|
|3|             Groceries|     300.00|              4|
|4|                Adobe|        14.42              1|        
|5|               Disney+|       8.99|              1|
|6|              Utilities|     149.43|             1|
|7|             Phone Bill|      109.26|            1|

So basically I want groceries to be divided by 4, but I want it to be divided by 4 for each iteration of it and not grouped together.

If I interpret this correctly you only have a monthly sum of the bill amount and not individual bills despite having a record of their date is that right?

So your goal is to get a series of dates, bill name and an estimated bill cost by dividing the monthly total by the number of times that specific bill name appears in a month (just a single month?).

My first though would then be to use this particular query as a temporary table (so using with or something similar) before joining to the dates table again and using the last two columns you have to estimate your bill cost.

As an aside you might be able to simplify that GROUP BY statement a little; probably or name (possibly id if it’s not incremental) but without seeing your initial tables that’s a guess.