SQL basic questions

Please help a newbie. I ran through the SQL lessons on here. I understand how the codes work and how to manipulate data but I have no context for where it all happens. Its like I learned the rules of football but no one showed me how to get to the stadium. So what do I have to get on my computer to start manipulating data? I am brand new to coding in general and still get lost when I have to punch anything into the terminal. I am in research and what I am trying to be able to do eventually is move lots of data around, try to find meaningful data in a lot of noise and create tables that can update automatically by loading new data into a separate place. Can anybody point me to some resources for getting started with this. I don’t mind doing the work I just hate to think I might waste time studying the wrong tools or language and not figure it out until 3 months down the road. Thanks a bunch.

Hey @jbwill910! The football stadium is refered as the place for football. And the ‘place’ for SQL Server coding is in a IDE Called dbeaver… Download this app and you are set. Pls if you have any additional questions ask them!

1 Like

Does this work for mac?

im preety sure. Check it and reply me with your progression.

I’m brand new to this too and I was looking for this answer as well. Thank you!