Some great doubt

Hi there! I am currently learning javascript (i know js, just doing it again and learning librairies) and its libraries html css web app stuff from freecodecamp.org . Im just thinking of switching over to c++ cause im not that intrested in web development and more in app and games development. So is this a good idea? If it is, can you create apps normally with c++, i mean create apks and stuff? Any help would be appreciated. Or refer the same above with python too.

Whether or not it’s a good idea really depends on what you want.

C++ is an incredibly powerful language that’s still very much in use today. For mobile apps I’d recommend java/kotlin/swift.

1 Like

thanks for replying, can you create apps with c++?

Regular apps yes, as for mobile ones (also, yes, but) there are better languages out there.

1 Like

so for now should i continue learning the libraries of javascript for developement or switch over?
plz give your suggesstion.

This is all with the caveat that learning is a very personal journey and you should find what works best for you…

In my opinion, set yourself a finite small project with a clear goal. It’s often easy to have “the grass is greener” mentality with learning – but it’s far more important to have follow-through (as it’s rare to fully “embrace” everything one is doing at any given time).

If you’re close to completing something with js, try setting a schedule to finish it. Regardless, with C++, try to set some sort of finite mini-goal. Personally I try to make them very general (like: study an hour of x a day for 2 weeks) so as not to get stuck doing mundane things. Although if I have a very defined purpose for my study I will make it as specific as I need to be.

I’ll reiterate that this is all with the caveat that learning is a very personal journey and you should find what works best for you. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks a lot sir. Which lang. did you learnt first though?

In order: 2 years of java, 1 of html/css/javascript, a semester of C++ and then a long break.

Returning to study in college… year of python, sql, flask, semester of bash and a dash of random languages (haskell, R, mips). Might be missing something but that’s the gist.

I think in python instead of java though. Both because it’s been so long since I’ve written anything serious in java, and because python lends itself so well to human language.