[solved]23 css selector

I am experiencing the exact same problem. I have looked over my coding and fiddled with it in every way I can think of and can't seem to fix it.Below is a copy of my Html and CSS code: Please Help!

This is my third header and it is not a horse

A header is not a man on a horse

<p class="fancy"> </p>

<p> this is the second paragraph </p>
	<p id="serious"></p>
<p> this is my third paragraph </p>
</body>

CSS
/*Add your CSS below!*/
.fancy{
font-family:Cursive;
color:violet;

}

serious{

font-family:Courier;

}

p: nth-child (4) {

font-size:26px;

}

#23 It says Oops, try again. Did you give your third paragraph a font-size of 26px? It looks like it's currently 16px Help!

if you edit/update your question, leave a reply so i get a notification. Your code html code is not completely visible, take the following steps to make your code visible:

select your code and press ctrl + k (or cmd + k if you use a mac)

if this instructions are unclear, you can also insert 3 backticks before and after your code, like so:

```
<p>visible</p>
```

the backtick is located above the tab key on your keyboard

You only need 3 paragraphs, not 4. nth-child count all elements, and if the 4th element is a paragraph, apply styling. A better to explain this would be: p:first-child wouldn't "execute" but the first element is a h3, not a paragraph.

Spacing is crucial with nth-child, if you use p:nth-child you can't have any spaces before and after the colon

I am still on 23 with the same problem no matter how I change my coding. Please Help! I started this lesson before Christmas but due to my crazy busy schedule, I am just now able to get back to coding.
To the wonderful person that tried to me before Christmas I tried to email you but it kept coming back to me as delivery failure. Thank you whoever you are for looking at my coding I really appreciate it . I am really sorry if you thought I was ignoring you.

So here I go again ...
Here is my coding...
Index. HTML tab

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
	<head>
		<link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" href="stylesheet.css"/>
		<title>Result</title>
	</head>
	<body>
		<!--Add your HTML below!-->
		<h3> This is my third header and it is not a horse </h3>
		<h3 class="fancy"> </h3>
		<p> A header is not a man on a horse </p>

<p class="fancy"> </p>

<p> this is the second paragraph </p>
		<p id="serious"></p>
	<p> this is my third paragraph </p>
	</body>
</html>

stylesheet.css

/*Add your CSS below!*/
.fancy{
    font-family:Cursive;

}
#serious{
    font-family:Courier;
}

p:nth-child (4) {

font-size:26px;
 }

okay, let's say i have a heading:

<h3>i am a heading</h3>

and i would like to add a class to this heading, i can add the class to the existing h3 opening tag:

<h3 class="classname">i am a heading</h3>

as you can see, in this process i didn't create any additional tags, i just added an attribute. You can do the same for paragraphs (just add a attribute to the paragraph opening tag), in total you should have one heading, and 3 paragraphs, you might want to redo the last few exercises again

hummm....ok I will redo everything and see if that doesn't help
Thank you!