Solidity coding Smart Contracts

Hi all!

I’m new to the forums here. Always wanted to learn how to code so completed the intro course on Javascript - it’s very cool this site!

Still very much getting to grips with javascript language and will take some time to get down : )

My aim is to deploy a few businesses using the Ethereum Virtual Computer/Node Network. Currently the standard developing lanuage is called Solidity and I think it’s Javascript-based?

Has anyone tried learning Solidity contract coding? Do you guys think best to go straight into Solidity instead of continuing with Javascript. Or better still is there a program that auto-converts between different languages?

Solidity is similar to Javascript but not Javascript-based. I would suggest that you learn Javascript first because Solidity is a tad bit more advanced. :slight_smile:

Thanks Bandit :+1:

Gonna try best gaining better fluency in javascript, hopefully when it comes time to experiment with Solidity programming, something will click and I’ll be able to write logical contracts/applications.

2 Likes

I would look up some contracts on Github and check out some of the “how to deploy and erc20” articles or videos and also

Read the docs.

If your goal is to write contracts and you’ve already done the JS course cut to the chase.

https://solidity.readthedocs.io/en/v0.5.9/introduction-to-smart-contracts.html