Skip to next lesson

The lessons are interesting, but require that my answers (or naming or formatting) is precisely what the engine expects. If I ad-lib, it gets mad at me. How can I just tell the engine to let me proceed to the next slide?

You cannot, as people would use that feature to cheat.

Just copy and paste exact words in if needed.

How can I cheat if I just using this to learn on my own? If I were using this for "real" credit, perhaps, but this is just me learning on my own. There should be a "I think I got it; let's carry on" button imho.

People would cheat. (take schoolchildren for example) They are doing this for school.

Their teacher tells them that they need to get to 30% in Python this week.

On the first day they skip all lessons up to 30%.

(Web Developers)
People could show the projects that they "completed" when they really just skipped to the end and took code.

A "skip this" button wouldn't help unless it was only usable once a week or something.

Perhaps CodeAcadamy needs to confront the possibility that not everyone is in it for the points. We might just have shown up at your doorstep because we are here to learn. This is a place of respite from all of the rest of our lives consumed by competition.

If you do not wish to be that place, that's Ok, but know that you could be.

I'M SO LOST! :sweat: :sweat: :sweat: :sweat: :sweat: :sweat: :sweat: :sweat: :sweat: :sweat: :sweat: :sweat: :sweat: :sweat: :sweat: :sweat: