Codecademy Forums

Skill Paths Vs Career Paths

Hi guys, i’m very new here so i hope you can help me out on this one.
I was wondering what is difference between Skill Paths and Career Paths. And which one could be the best to start with for someone that already know the basics stuff but want to get better and get deeper on it.
Thanks to you all and Happy Coding!

I’m not a pro user, but from what I see, I think the skill paths are for learning a specific skill. For example, one skill path is “Create a Back-End App with JavaScript”, and I think that more teaches you that specific skill. On the other hand, career paths are more directed to learning a new thing that will be helpful for your career. So for example, if you are looking for a career in Web Development, you would take the corresponding career path.

As for your second question, I think the skill paths would be more helpful if you want something more advanced. Career paths tend to focus more on learning all the skills that are required for that career; starting at the beginning and moving up from there. So if you’ve already taken most of the basic courses (like Introduction to JavaScript, Learn HTML, etc) then I would advise doing one of the skill paths.

6 Likes

You’ve just nailed it steven, thank you so much for that. :smiley:

4 Likes

Happy to help! Be sure to come back if you have any other questions!

4 Likes