Site doesn't display correctly

I’m trying to resolve a display issue with my code input area being blocked by the output display box. The screenshot below shows this display box completely obscuring the code. By re-sizing the window horizontally I can get the output box to re-size, and even disappear. Re-sizing simultaneously seems to reduce the left margin on the code, so that it moves to the left, until it’s finally lined up correctly at the left edge.

I experience the same issue on Chrome, Firefox, and IE; browsers are up-to-date and not running any plugins. Problem occurs in all sit

Additionally, there’s a text formatting issue that keeps cropping up where punctuation is in the wrong spot. In the screenshot for example, you can see the last line of each paragraph has the punctuation at the start of the line.

Hey Linkko,

It looks like most of the stuff is acting like it’s aligned right, instead of left. In your browser preferences, do you have your reading style set right to left? I think if you’ve got that setting enabled and Codecademy doesn’t provide a rtl stylesheet, the browser will try to automatically generate one, which will cause problems sometimes :slight_smile:

That makes a lot of sense, but I’m not sure how to fix it though. I don’t see any settings for reading style or browser alignment, and couldn’t find the answer by googling it. Doesn’t seem to be an issue with browser language since I only use English. Maybe it’s my search terms, maybe I’m just plain skipping over it in the settings, dunno.

Actually, since it’s happening across browsers, the problem might be your system preferences rather than browser. Try a search for “change reading direction in [browser/os]”, and see if anything there helps. If not, let me know what operating system you’re using and browser you’d like to fix, and I’ll see if I can find anything :slight_smile:

Looked into it, not sure what caused it, but found a Chrome extension to switch page direction and everything is making much more sense now (no more overlap, progress bars are going left to right now too, arrows point in the direction windows minimize, etc.) Not sure what happened, maybe something got toggled by an old extension.

Thanks for all your help!

1 Like

OK…
But I’m glad you were able to find the problem and fix it :slight_smile: