Simple Errors - can't proceed to the next step

Hi all,

I’m stuck at: https://www.codecademy.com/en/courses/learn-python/lessons/loops/exercises/simple-errors

When I hit Run, the "Sorry, I didn’t catch that. Enter again: " is printed multiple times before I even get a chance to answer the question. Then, the code fails. It doesn’t matter if I enter any answer.

I searched the forum and I’m pretty sure the code is correct. I tried different browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Edge) but I get the same issue in all of them.
I expect that after I hit Run, the “Enjoying the course? (y/)” question is displayed. After I provide an aswer, the code should be validated and should get to the next step.

Please help.
The code I used is provided below.

choice = raw_input('Enjoying the course? (y/n)')

while choice != 'y' and choice != 'n':  # Fill in the condition (before the colon)
  choice = raw_input("Sorry, I didn't catch that. Enter again: ") 

"Simple Errors" raw_input() bug workaround

Exactly the same issue here. Code is identical.

I reported a bug to Codecademy using the link in the left-hand panel in the course console. But I’m not sure how much time it’s gonna take for them to respond and fix it. I’m frustrated a little. I love this course and would like to complete it soon.

I’ve done the same. Hopefully someone will see this soon!

Me too. Very frustrating not being able to skip this step.

The most frustrating part is that there’s no “live” contact with the course provider. You can go to the forum or report a bug, but you’re not sure what happens to this bug afterwards :frowning:

There seems to be a problem, i will report it more directly so it gets handled quicker

see if we can trick the exercise by doing something like:

choice = raw_input('Enjoying the course? (y/n)')
choice = 'y'

while choice != 'y' and choice != 'n':  # Fill in the condition (before the colon)
  choice = raw_input("Sorry, I didn't catch that. Enter again: ") 

It works, but you need to use

choice != 'n'

instead of

choice != 'y'

Thank you @stetim94 :smiley:

It appears to be an issue with the raw_input command. The next exersizes have similar problems

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.