Codecademy Forums

Should I learn both JavaScript and CSS?

I should rephrase core. Main would be a little bit better words, I’ll give you credit for kicking us though @stetim94

5 Likes

i don’t agree with that statement, they are the core 3 languages for front-end web development languages, that i could agree with

so many websites have a back-end (or communicate with a rest API, which i consider back-end), here there are plenty of other languages for back-end web development.

i think front-end web development + back-end web development = web development.

but lets not get too hung upon the exact technical definitions.

5 Likes

In that case should you try to specialize in either front end or back end, not both?

3 Likes

Which languages do you mostly use?

3 Likes

I wish I still had likes :cry:, because I’d like that. Technically your right.

@sunlessshadow

Learning both gets you a better webpage

4 Likes

I use HTML, CSS, and JS. I specialize in those languages because I know them well.

The game is the point, not the site (its not mine), but with HTML, CSS, and JS you can create extraordinary games without anything else.

Codecademy is way better than Sololearn though.

5 Likes

Both is known as a full-stack developer.

in the beginning, just get started and make progress. Even an back-end developers knows some front-end and vice versa, given you do have to be able to work with both type of people in a team.

so you can always later decide which you like better/suits you better and want to specialize in.

6 Likes

That’s a cool game! So much code though.

5 Likes

The best games contain lots of codes due to a lot of features that takes lots of codes. Some popular games are smaller, but not as complex.

4 Likes

Yes. That’s over 1k lines on code! It’s a cool game though. Nice use of just web languages.

3 Likes

Welcome @codingperson51867872 to Codecademy!

Yes. It is a nice use of web languages. But the point of this is about courses concerning web languages. Its ok to awe at amazing things, but this isn’t the thread to do so. Thank you for trying to participate, however, in the forum. Since your new, your are just being told these rules, and I understand completely.

Have a nice day, and I hope you enjoy your expierence on Codecademy! :smiley:

3 Likes