Share your Goal 🎯

Hi, my name’s Max. I am a university student majoring in chemistry. I like the idea of what things can be done with Data Science in chemistry and at any research overall, so I will try hard at Python, SQL and R.
Being lockdown because of covid is mentally challenging and I am surprised that so far coding has been more of a relaxation for me (as I seem to distract from the things that are going on while coding).
Also I’d like to get to know you, the enthusiastic people, so feel free to text me at twitter.com/maxskorik

3 Likes

Hi everyone, I am Gianluca.
I am a nurse (totally unrelated to this field), but I like the idea of learning how to code. The main reason I am doing this is to learn how to create games to be honest. This pandemic is forcing me home so i decided to do something constructive. I’m planning on finishing the C++ course in the next few weeks, this 30 days challenge seemed appropriate!

3 Likes

Hi everyone, I’m a teen tech enthusiast. I wanted to learn to code because I thought it would be cool to learn how to create programs of my own that I can trust. In this world with an ever growing collection of applications that steal your data and breach your privacy, I want to make applications that I know what everything does. I like the idea of the, ‘30 Day Challenge’ it makes you more productive. I was originally doing the Computer Science skill path but I decided I’d rather just directly do the Python 3 Course and the Bash Command Line course, I found those to be much more useful and I just keep alternating between the two courses throughout the day. School’s been shut down due to the human malware epidemic and summer vacations have started here(in India) so I have a LOT of time on my hands! After I complete the Bash and Python3 courses, I think I’ll continue finishing off the Computer Science skill path and then go into Data Science and, sometime in the next few months, I’ll finally transition to app developement. I seek a career in ethical hacking but I don’t think there are any courses for that, currently present on Codecademy and, by the looks of things, that field is starting to get crowded so, the future is hazy…

2 Likes

Wow use Python in the chemistry could be an amazing use of it :heart_eyes:

I really hope so! :grinning:

1 Like

Hello everyone, i’m a student (Telecommunications) and am new here. cause of covid i though that is great to learn some thing when you are forced to be home. first time i was going to Udemy but i did see on ma way an ad of CodeCademy , i did get enter by curiosity , and honestly i think that this is the right place for every begginer or also Pro to learn something new.
For me, i did start Python 3 and the Command Line , and plannig in the few comming weeks to keep learnig other courses.
Peace

2 Likes

Good luck buddy hope your journy into coding :slight_smile:

I’m a fifth year Petroleum and Chemical Engg student. Due to corona and oil prices being crazy low, I’m thinking of building up a good understanding of CS to perhaps get into the industry after I graduate next year.

For now, I want to learn how to build a webcrawler

1 Like

Technically speaking, I’ve already failed the challenge (quite sad, but it was a busy day and I suppose it was at least somewhat worth it).

However, I’m still going to try to complete the remaining days. I’m not exactly sure what my goal is. Part of it is to complete the challenge, and I guess the other part is to try and learn a little more about coding. Codecademy is terrific at introducing fundamentals and I have to thank it for most of my knowledge of programming. Since I’m not planning on getting Pro, I’ll probably have to seek elsewhere (maybe a personal environment) to try to become an expert on any single language (currently focusing on JavaScript, Python, and maybe C#). Throughout this challenge, I’ll probably be working on some of the JS courses.

2 Likes

Continuing the discussion from Share your Goal :dart::

#Using phython
greeting = “Hello everyone.”
presence = “I currently go to college”
continue_presence = " and I am pursuing a degree in computer science."
difficulty = “”“However I am finding it very difficult to understand concepts such as recursion and other
more complex concepts due to the teachers at my college also many of the TA’s are no
help.”""
attempts = “”“I have made several attempts trying to figure these concepts out myself through udemy
classes unfortunately this has not worked.”""
not_worked_reason = “”“I am a full time student and my work load is really heavy so I find it very
difficult to self teach myself and manage my time will taking 30 credits a year
due to my scholarship requirement.”""
result = “I will be losing my scholarship because my teachers have failed to educate me.”
failed_attempts = “I have no choice but to reason with a low grade which is ultimately affecting my
gpa.”
failed_career_fair_attempts = “”“I have also attend about four career fair and have not landed a single
internship or co op due to my gpa I am guessing because my
communication skills are fairly well.”""
last_resort = “”“Therefore I have found myself here using codeacademy pro to give this one last
chance. My only chance.”""
goal = “My goal is to receive a bachelors degree and get an internship or co op.”
final_result = (greeting + presence + continue_presence + difficulty + attempts + not_worked_reason
+ result + failed_attempts + failed_career_fair_attempts + last_resort + goal);
print(final_result);

1 Like

Hi there!
I just switched my major from Math Secondary Education to Computer Science, and with so much time on my hands, I figured I’d give myself some preparation for what’s to come. My college courses will be taught in Java, but I figured getting a firm grip of the concepts and language of Python can only add to my foundations.

1 Like

I hope to (finally) master Python. I started it a while ago and never mastered it!! Codecademy is an awesome resource I am sure will help me achieve this goal. Thanks, Codecademy! :tada:

1 Like

I am an elementary teacher and I started looking for courses to teach me how to teach computational thinking to my students. I got so involved with the contents that now I want to learn how to code and I am considering a career change.

1 Like

I started 2 weeks ago. Web Development Path. And i was on fire. I got to javascript Fuctions in less than a week but then i burned out. :frowning:

So i took a break for one whole week.

The result: i’m on fire again. And just joined the 30 day challenge for more fire.

I joined codecademy because want to learn how to optimize my website myself, (i’m tired of always asking for help in this matter).

1 Like

Im a Salesforce Developer, I have worked with Javascript for a while but sometimes it can get really fuzzy and confusing, im learning the front end development with react, first to understand concepts that are especially new in ES6 like destructuring and classes, and also learn abit of REACT. #learningNeverStops

I would like to learn CSS and JavaScript during this 30 days.

1 Like

I want to learn python,data structures and algos and web development in three months.
Could it be possible?
Can U share resources??

my 30 day challenge :
R for data science; data science using python; tableu; SQL
#stayhome #staysafe

i am pursuing BDS dental studies but always has facination about computers,how they work, let’s see where can i go