Share your Goal 🎯

Hi there. It’s gonna be long and boring, just skip this.

That’s the first time I am thinking of a goal with programming, but let’s make a first sketch and some introspection.

I am ashamed of having waited for so long, at first because I was is a not stimulating environment, working as a mechanic, then I finally started studying english two years ago. Last years I focused on learning Dutch, so that I can try to integrate in society where I am living now.

3 months ago I threw myself into a course ‘introduction to programming’ with the university of Toronto. A great course, wery well explained and at the right speed. I loved it, I loved playing with python because it makes so much sense, I mean it’s logic, it’s complex and jet so easy to understand and use. It gave me a great satisfaction. It opened a door and made me hungry for more.

What is my goal? What do I want to do with it?
I guess in the short term mastering python,
In the middle term learning other related subjects,
In the long term making the step at work from production to engineering.

I regret having waited untill now, I am 24, to start strudying. But I also know that I wasn’t ready before. I had to do a long path before reaching this beginning.

1 Like

My goal is to crush the HTML and CSS portion of the full stack path and start the Javascript portion. I currently work as a team lead for a service desk and would like to jump to the engineering world after working in client-side support for four years.

I’m fortunate to work with system and software engineers daily, and my lack of programming and scripting knowledge is what I believe is holding me back from moving over to the “dark side.” This will be the start of me narrowing the knowledge gap to achieve my goal.

my goal is too get the ball rolling with this 30 day challenge and hopefully get into a programming career sometime next year!!

1 Like

My name is Ritesh Maurya and I want to be a good frontend developer i learn HTML, CSS and currently I am learning JavaScript.

Hello. I have been studying courses at Codecademy for 3 months now. I studied HTML and CSS courses. Then I studied JavaScript and Python 3 courses. However, I know the theory of JavaScript and Python 3 by heart, but I have some difficulties in practice.

Hey Codecademy Community!

My goal of these 30 days is becoming knowledgable of the entire Programming industry.
I want to understand the exact path I want to go with coding.
Therefore, I will find a course that helps me to understand deeper the path of Python I want to continue as a job career.

If anybody has some advices for me or feels compelled please feel free to reach out to me and write under the comment.

In the meantime, I will continue with my Python 3 Programming.

Let me know if you are also learning the language.

I would be happy to help you and support you on your way as much as I can.

1 Like

Becoming a UI designer and front-end developer, and leaving my job at Amazon.

Hello,

I currently work in sales for a tech company and I have been very interested in learning how to code for years and now I have finally taken the plunge

Although I am not looking to change career paths (never say never) I do think knowing how to code could help me in the future, as I intend to continue working in the tech industry, and having programming as a skillset never hurt anybody.

For the next 30 days, I intend to deepen my knowledge of python. However, this initial challenge is just the starting point and I intend to take the journey until I feel confident as a full-stack developer would. Mainly to work on side projects and fulfill my passion for new technology and understanding how everything works.

Quote for anyone needing encouragement including me :upside_down_face: 'Whether you think you can or think you can’t you are right!"