Share your Goal 🎯

I lost my job due to COVID and now I have time to learn what I always wanted, programming. I’m trying to learn as much as possible, as quickly as possible. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh. I’m sorry that you lost your because of COVID. I hope that in the near future, you’ll be able to find a much better job.

1 Like

That’s very kind of you. Thanks a million!

2 Likes

No problem. I’m always here to help.

Hi :grinning:
My name is Frank.
I’m in the fourth week of the full stack engineers course.
I’m starting the 30 day challenge today with the aim of programming 2 hours a day.

2 Likes

I’m trying to code every day for 30 days. Currently learning C++ on my own.

4 Likes

I have loved computers and after taking a single class in college I loved and wanted to work on my own and with others to learn more at my pace. I really want to spend the next month creating a habit of learning every day and to spend at least 30 minutes each day here on codecademy or working on a programming project to learn how to do this. I commit to myself and anyone else that I will do this month and learn so much.

2 Likes

For most of my life I’ve worked as a CNC machinist/programmer, I got laid off and decided I didn’t want to continue in the field. The apprentice style learning and complexity of the machines leads to people ascribing humanistic functionality to the machines as an excuse to not bother learning why they had problems with an operation. I’ve always been good at understanding how computers work, so I thought I’d be happier in a field where my peers would share that aptitude and inquisitiveness. I started the computer science path, though I’m not confident in what I actually want to do. I plan on working at it every day and hope that learning will eventually lead me to work that I can enjoy.

3 Likes

My goal in these thirty days is to dip my feet into coding and love it. No hard goals, I know I can achieve those. The most important goal is taking it day by day and loving the work. The end is in the process. Love that first.

Basically, first time coding and I’m just getting started with the CS career path, so… I’m gonna meet some snakes!

4 Likes

amm…! i begun coding after finishing high school. coding was an unknown territory for me. i didn’t know anything about it. until one day i heard on the TV a person say the word ‘HTML’. i then went ahead and researched what HTML and that’s where my interest grew. so i begun learning Web Dev with my neighbors computer for about 3 months. the neighbor moved and i had no computer but i still had determination to be one of the best Web developers so i started coding using my smartphone and until now am still using my smartphone. i know that one day the ideas in my mind and the vision of the web application i i want to develop will come to reality. just a matter of time and consistent learning.

4 Likes

I am looking to complete all I need to know on HTML and CSS, complete a few projects, move on to programming languages and need to become an expert at this.

document.write("Talk Later!😉")

Hi!:heart:
My main goal is to finish Python, SQL, and Javascript courses so I have that knowledge when I need it later in life and at least I can go back to Codecademy and look at the cheat- sheet so I can quickly remember /Learn these again!

2 Likes

I am a game enthusiast and a game developer. I find HTML games are light games, free, without downloading or registering. So I have decided to build a game site, hope to take more happiness for my friends.

1 Like

Hello, my name is T.J. and im new. Like “new” new. I’ve been an options trader for 23 years and i use a large number of algo’s when i trade. The problem is that i pay someone to make them and always have. While i can do some pretty extreme math, i know nothing at all about coding. I want to be able to understand the scripts as i see them and be able to fine tune them when necessary. I’ve found that there is often a disconnect between programmers and traders. We speak in separate languages. I often can’t understand limitations in coding and he can’t understand exactly what i’m trying to do. I need to be able to speak his language and perhaps even create my algos myself. My trading platform has an entire “Script API User Manual” with templates and guides and everything i need to write code within the program. I described all of that in the hope that someone here will know where i should start. I know enough about the basics of computers but where would you direct someone with my needs who has absolutely no experience in coding at all? Any help in pointing me in the right direction would be very much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

1 Like

Hey everyone am new here and i already love it here my goal is to attain full stack skills by the end of the year and host as many projects as possible. :relaxed:

1 Like

I wish you the best of luck with that! My advice is not to rush and take the time you need to learn everything and to enjoy it!

1 Like

Hey guys, I just purchased codecademy pro and I’m just starting the 30 day challenge. I’m hoping to make lots of progress on my JavaScript coarse and coding fundamentals pathway coarse. I want to learn Web development over the summer and eventually how to make iOS apps. If anyone wants to talk about coding/programming. Shoot me a dm on insta @conner7recoskie. Open to anyone, good luck :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Good luck with your HTML and CSS. You’re gonna need it.

1 Like

Learning c++ for usaco

2 Likes

I’ve been a Product Manager for a long time but I came from the business side, not engineering. I work with amazing engineers and teams but now it’s time for me to get my hands dirty and actually learn code and build some web apps.

1 Like