Share your Goal 🎯

I’m here because of Covid. I’m a professional musician, but stuck at home in the UK. Figured I would pick up some new skills and try to use this free time wisely!

After doing a week of Google’s Grasshopper content, I joined up to pro a month ago, with the goal of progressing through the full-stack development course. – I’m happy to say that I’m now on day 28 of the 30 day challenge, having completed 254 badges, and I’m 40% of the way through that course! It’s been really good just to take my own time and make sure I’m taking things in. Some days I’ve been glued to the computer, others I’ve just done an hour or two.

Right now I’m concentrating on JavaScript. I’ve done a bit of HTML and CSS in the past, so I’m fairly comfortable with that stuff (although I did go through a few courses that refreshed and updated my knowledge). I’ve also looked at Git and a small amount of React.

JavaScript was always a stumbling block in the past, but thankfully now I’ve managed to get over it and get through the content and i feel pretty comfortable writing code. Success!

Only problem now is working out how to turn off my brain and stop thinking about javascript when I’m lying awake at night, aha.

2 Likes

I am here to learn programming so that I can build the first prototype for my startup instead of hiring out or having to find a technical co-founder. Besides, who does not want to learn a superpower?!

3 Likes

I’m following the Front-End Engineer career path and I would like to finally really make progress on my ability to code something concrete, and maybe this will help on my way to finally change career.

3 Likes

I’m now trying to get a two week streak!

2 Likes

Hello,

I am new to codeacademy and to coding. I currently work in the travel industry that has been hit really bad by the global pandemic. After months of struggle at work, I have decided to follow my dream of becoming a Data Scientist. In February I will be starting my degree in the subject and in the meantime I am trying to absorb as much information as I can.

I am reading some books on programming and doing some courses through codeacademy and other websites.

At the moment I am focusing in Python and I am hoping that in one year time I will be comfortable enough to start searching for a job and make a radical change in my career.

My aim for these 30 days is to be comfortable with Python language to take the next step.

Hope I mage to keep up!

Ernesto

5 Likes

Hey there!

I’m rather new to coding but was always quite interested in it.
I work for a company that operates with big data and I want to dive deeper into that topic. Right now, I’m not involved in any coding topics at work but I’m basically working with the output, transforming the big data into neat reports and advising what is available etc. Nonetheless, machine learning for example is a big topic within my department and it’s super fascinating to me.

That’s why I started the Python 2 course and if that goes well, I’ll dive deeper into the data scientist courses of codeacademy.

In the long run, I would like to pursue a BA in Computer Science by part time working, part time studying. I’m also really interested in web development, web design and data visualization.

Long story short: for now, I’d like to get a good grasp of Python 2, feeling comfortable with easy coding tasks. After 30 days I will think about the next step. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

My goal is to just learn something new that can greatly change the course of the future for me and my family. I made it 7 days and then moved back to Virginia from Illinois… I missed two days but now I am back at day one. I am praying for your success!! WE CAN DO THIS!

2 Likes

Hello there,

I just wanted to share that I completed my goal which was to finish the “Learn Swift” course. Now that I`ve completed my previous goal, my next goal is to finish off the rest of the “Learn Python 2” course and also to build something like a website. Wishing you all the best on your coding journey!!!

2 Likes

Currently doing a bootcamp called itcareer switch in the uk. Worked in the same job for 13 years in a warehouse.
My goal is to finish this course and land a job in full stack… id also like to learn more about robotics and how they could be beneficial for the future.

I will do this :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I am pursuing my graduation in computer science so I would like to learn and explore my skills in coding ,html and front end engineering and much exited to be part and of Code-academy in learning these courses

NOO, I lost my internet for a day, and I lost my streak. :frowning:

3 Likes

Hello. My name is Ibragim Mengaziev. My goal is to make an Android app.

3 Likes

Oh cool, Im learning Python as well. What module of the Python course are you on at the moment? Im on one of the second to last modules of the whole course. Wishing you all the best in you coding journey.

1 Like

to finally master GitHub, and make some progress on Machine Learning. gotta make a commitment to get through the boring crap like GitHub lul

3 Likes

I am committing to the 30-day challenge so that I can make rapid progress. December is a quiet month for me before I start university again in the spring, so I have no excuse not to log several hours a day. I will complete “Learn Python 3”, and if I have leftover time, I will delve into the Computer Science path so that I can take my Python further and use it in a variety of ways. Good luck, everyone!

2 Likes

I want to get a section done each day and if it is too much to finish, I want to at least work on codecademy for 2 hours. I am taking the Fullstack Engineer Course.

2 Likes

Well, good luck, that is a tricky course.

Good luck!! I’m sure you’ll do great. (=

2 Likes

Hello All! =)

First, a quote which I read today on the “Economist Espresso” mobile app:

“Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds that you plant.”

-Robert Louis Stevenson-

I needed to hear that because sometimes I am a bit strict with myself, when I ask: “When will the time be for me to land that first new job?”

Well!

Daily study/practice (Consistency) and Patience are keys in a career change.

So I am sharing these thoughts with you. We CAN do it, and WE WILL DO IT. :wink:

It’s a 30 day challenge – and also a life decision – Codecademy’s a little_robot which needs to be fed just a bit of input every day from us.

–> --> Goals:

Finish the Javascript course (and the Node.JS mini-course) in 25 days - that’s the rest of 2020!

Then I can help my neighbour with his Mobile App project, and get some XP + some ££ .

By having already done Python and HTML/CSS (also the Command Line here in Codecademy), I hope the Javascript course will roll way easier - and that my target is realistic.

Let’s GO !!

Happy coding, and happy dream_chasing, Everyone.

Stay safe, and be positive. +++

6 Likes

LOL! Go fort it! Good luck =)

2 Likes