Share your Goal šŸŽÆ

Iā€™m working on that one right now as well! Some of those skills are dense! This one is taking me a while to work through.

18 Lessonsā€¦ 10 projects. And one of those projects has like 50 steps. Itā€™s a rough one, but really fulfilling so far.

3 Likes

My goal for this year is different.
Iā€™ve been coding for 3 years already but I didnā€™t worked everyday. My longest streak was 28 days and I want to beat it. Recently I become a pro member and I want to work constantly for the next 30 days 1-4h per day. I did it easily in the last 15 days and I am sure I can do a much longer streak than 30. Itā€™s a little bit hard with 6-7 hours of school daily but I am sure I will do it easily. Itā€™s my first time doing some pro work in web development and Iā€™m new to back-end apps, databases, js, php, etc. so I have much things to learn.
So, thatā€™s my target.
Happy coding!

2 Likes

30 days to 60 days to 90 days to Full Stack Web Developer LETS GOO!!!

11 Likes

I want to be expert in JavaScript in this 30 days. Wish me luck and good luck for you who read this.

5 Likes

you got this mate! its rough road that leads to a smoother one

2 Likes

Just started on Code Academy Pro this January and hoping to use the knowledge I gain here for my future career as a Microbiologist. Currently on the data science career path and hoping to apply it in the future. Happy New Year to you all and Good Luck!

2 Likes

I work and go to school full time so Iā€™m not sure how realistic this is but I have to try

I want to complete the Web Development career path by the end of this challenge. Neither my current job or degree involve HTML or CSS but I want to grow my own websites and be my own boss.

2 Likes

Hello everybody! Iā€™m new to this app. My new yearā€™s resolution is to become a really good coder, and I hope by the end of this 30 day challenge to have atleast 2 nice apps that I develop and put on my profile.

2 Likes

Hi guys! I just started learning basics of programming. Very interesting. I just wonder why I havenā€™t started earlier? My goal is to learn some basic coding to understand how it all works and apply for my business development goals.

1 Like

Hi there.
Iā€™m Seiji. Iā€™m a freelance engineer.But still looking for a job in Canada.
I try to finish several courses, ā€œPython3ā€, ā€œJavaā€, ā€œWeb scrapingā€, ā€œJS Unit testingā€, ā€œTesting for Web Developmentā€.
Do my best.

2 Likes

Hi,

Iā€™m looking to complete my current path by using the 30 day challenge. I originally planned to do my own 30 day challenge, but I like a community component, so I am happy that Codeacademy has initiated this. If I finish my current path early, then I hope to start either a course or another path while still participating in the 30 day challenge.

2 Likes

Goal: Complete atleast 50% of Data Science Career Path by 2/15/20

Background: To break into renewable energy technology I studied chemical engineering in college. Turns out thatā€™s a pretty niche industry with few job opportunities in my state at this point in time. Ended up working in plastics manufacturing engineering for a few years and now Iā€™m on the marketing side so I can learn the business side. Iā€™m learning Data Science to speed up reporting of some business intelligence information that I manage. Ultimately Iā€™d like to transition to a Data Science career making use of the big data analytics that Iā€™ve come to know and love.

3 Likes

Hey, welcome. Looks like @nower started the same day and is also a full-time student. Perhaps you each have your own time-management hacks to share?

2 Likes

Hey, i just started learning to code a week ago (streaking on day 8 right now! :slight_smile:)
my goal for this challenge would be to finish the JS Introduction iā€™m working on right now, as well as finishing another introductory Course and maybe figure out what i want to do with the skills i acquire through these courses.

Did you all have a set goal in mind when you started coding, or did you figure your goal out along the way? I would be interested in your stories.

Cheers

2 Likes

I have a career in IT, but Iā€™m really interested in getting into programming and web development. So far I have the basics down for Java and JavaScript. Iā€™d really like to build up my repertoire over the next 30 days and beyond! If anyone has any advice on making the leap to programming/web dev professionally please let me know!

3 Likes

Hi , Iā€™ve just started on codecademy and am taking the data science path. My goal is just to keep learning every day.

1 Like

My idea is very basic. I just give up on most of my free time so I can do something useful. Itā€™s a big effort but I think itā€™s worth it if this is your future plan. In high school, when I find some free time I just open Codecademy Go. At home, instead of playing games like most other teenagers do or hanging out with my friends, I prefer coding. And at the end of the day, I am more proud and happy with what I do here.

If you want to start a career on this direction, just do it. If you really like it, you will start coding and never stop. I just open my laptop, start working for 5-10 minutes and BOOM, two hours passed.
Happy coding everyone and good luck!

Hey @pluumy, we talk about goal setting a lot in the Codecademy Pro community. We also just started a series weā€™re calling the ā€œLearner Success AMAā€ where we weekly post an interview with someone who reached a goal with Codecademy, and then we invite the community to ask them how they did it! The goal is to show how different all the learning and career paths can be. Let me know if you want more info about that.

Yeah, Iā€™m doing the web developer course in 30 days. Already know how to code, but maybe i will learn some new hocuspocus:)

1 Like

Ive been using this program for a couple of years now, due to the fact that I can work around my full time and part time job. My goal for the 30 day challenge is to be able to maintain and understand new information.

1 Like