Share your Goal 🎯

@yizuhi, thanks for your advice. Hope you have a great coding journey.
Thanks for your help once more.
:grin:

3 Likes

Congrats on your achievement! BTW, I would recommend you to learn HTML and CSS after JavaScript, because learning JS is really no use unless you script it inside some html.

1 Like

Up until this day, I haven’t really been putting that much effort into mantaining a coding streak, but today I want to officially start the 30-days challenge.

I will be focusing mainly on Python (AI and Machine Learning). My goal is honestly to just learn as much as I can from the course here on Codecademy and, by the end of the 30 days, have an idea for a personal AI/Machine Learning project I want to work on.

Huge shoutout to everyone else here who has decided to commit to the 30-days challenge, you guys have inspired me to try it myself :blush:

Yes , I think you are right.

No use knowing JS without the needed structure from HTML and CSS.

Hey there everyone!

I recently joined Codecademy and am loving it so far (unless I get stuck and try to recalibrate to stay motivated and focused, lol :sob:) So far it has actually gone beyond just wanting to learn how to Code and hopefully someday work in this field, but it’s been a journey of confronting fixed mindsets and causing me to think further out of the box and be more creative in so many different ways, which has been challenging but very rewarding at the same time. :blush:

I got stuck a couple of days ago and have been struggling to get motivated again (and not think that I am totally inadequate to learn how to code…) But yeah I felt inspired to join the 30 day challenge to be more accountable even in times like this and join in with fellow Codecademy students that are on the same journey and pushing towards a similar goal. :facepunch:

As I write this I am about to hit the 30% milestone on my CS learning path and for this 30 day challenge my goal is to at least hit the 60% marker of this path. :fire:

Anyways, I hope you all are staying safe during this time and if anyone has some tips on how to stay motivated or in general some ideas in what has been working for you guys in terms of learning and practicing how to code (and what not). I’ve been looking into this for a while now… but overall I am very new to the world of programming and would love to hear how you guys are praciticing and working on how to understand the matter of this absoluelty amazing field. :computer:

All the best & Happy Coding! :call_me_hand:

3 Likes

Hi guys! I got cut loose from my job as a theatre lighting tech after 12 years due to covid and applied for the Worker Support Pro Scholarship. After 3 months i’ve completed nearly a quarter of Web Development Career Path, three quarters of the Build A Website with HTML, CSS, and Git/GitHub Skill Path, my own hand coded responsive blog using Sublime is almost ready to publish, I coded for 50 days out the the last 90 and my best was a 12 day streak. I’m now taking on the 30 day challenge, i’m going for Javascript, jQuery, and Sass. I’m 2 days in and fired up. Good luck everyone. Bring it on!

8 Likes

Thank you. Just getting started but so far I’m understanding far more than I assumed I would :slight_smile:

Congratulations, everyone on starting your coding journey! Like a young handsome man named @subtra3t once said, “The toughest part of a journey is the Start”. The Coding world may seem strange and even downright absurd at some times, but remember that even the best of us fall down to Computers!

What defines a great Coder is his laziness. Yes, you might not believe that at first, but a lazy programmer always follows the DRY(Don’t Repeat Yourself) rule rather than the WET(We Enjoy Typing or Write Everything Twice) rule simply because they don’t need to type as much. I remember my early days at GitHub when I used to elongate my code so others thought that I was a good programmer :wink:

Anyways, speaking of GitHub, any newbie will certainly fall down unconscious when venturing its foreign lands. Don’t worry, it only proves that you are a perfectly sane human. But GitHub is an ABSOLUTE tool to master when you are working with a team or organisation.

Hope this helped you!

4 Likes

I’m a phd student who is using R for data analysis. However, I never completed a full-on course before and I usually used other people’s scripts and updated them by googling things. This year, I want to get a bit more serious about coding and starting with codecademy is one of things I’m doing for that purpose. I just started with the “analyze data with R” skill path and I would like to do at least 15 minutes of coding each day for the next 30 days! Fingers crossed :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Thanks and you too. When you encourage people. They will also encourage you too.

1 Like

Nice story, Good luck

Hope u achieve your goal!

My goal is to meet the community and introduce myself. Well I guess I’ll give it a try. I’m @aeronauticalengineer, I need someone to help me with SQL, Can someone please help? :pleading_face:

1 Like

I heard @aerix could help.

1 Like

Hi everyone, I’m a nurse who is very burnt out by working through the pandemic in a major city so I’ve decided to change my career! I want to be a web dev! I’m determined to teach myself how to code HTML, CSS and Javascript in the next 3 months, I’ll hopefully be back in 3 months to say I did it!! This is day four for me!

1 Like

Hey all!

My name is Christian. I was first introduced to coding back in high school when my web design teacher recommended that I take his AP Computer Science class. I took the class, loved it, and even ended up passing the AP test. After graduating that year, I went on to community college and chose to major in computer science. I ended up failing my first course and was so discouraged that I quit then and there and switched to being a business major. For years after, I was convinced that I wasn’t cut out to be a programmer.

This past year I graduated from college with a business degree and absolutely no direction for what I wanted to do. I found myself comparing every job I had to that of being a web developer. Nothing lived up to the thought of being a web dev, so on my 24th birthday, back in July, I decided that I needed to make a change and go after what I really wanted.

After considering bootcamps / going back to school, I found Codecademy and their HTML/ CSS courses. I fell in love all over again and I can confidently say that I’m committing my life to the fulfillment of my purpose and passion of being a programmer. I’m 2 months into the Web Development Career Path and I am amazed at how much I have learned. Currently, I’m a little over 30% complete with the path and the constant challenge that coding provides allows me to keep striving to be better and growing my knowledge base. I like to think of it as a massage for the brain…and I love it. :massage_man:t2:

I’m now on day 10 of the 30-day coding challenge and my goal is to continue to plug away at the lessons and projects as well as create more of my own projects along the way. To anyone who’s read through this, I hope this provides you with some inkling of inspiration to keep going! Coding is a constant ebb and flow of challenges, but no matter where you are in your programming journey, you can overcome those challenges and achieve your goals when you set your mind to it.

Feel free to connect with me if you’d like…I’m new to this too and would love to make new friends!

Keep working hard! :love_you_gesture:t4:

5 Likes

I am beginner in coding in coding field .
my goal is to learn web development fo 30 days daily atleast 3-4 hours daily.

2 Likes

I’ll be your friend! :slight_smile:

Hello Everyone!

I just turned 35 and have had a crazy stressful year (just like everyone else, I suppose). I currently work in the Accounting/Finance field and I’m desperate to pursue something I’m passionate about that can still pay the bills. I started out hard, studying Codecademy among other resources, but after the pandemic hit and my guard unit was called up, I find myself having difficulty jumping back in. I can’t express enough how ready I am to switch industries. I’m excited for the accountability of this 30 days of coding challenge!

Ben

1 Like