Job applications are complicated. It’s an opaque process where most of the time you won’t know why you never heard back, or why you got rejected. Maybe you didn’t include the right keywords in your resume, or perhaps your portfolio wasn’t strong enough. Most of the time you’ll wish someone could give you more details.
This topic is a space exactly for that. Share helpful tips to apply for jobs in tech.
- Be specific: is this insider tip for a specific company? Did you learn it from someone that works at that company?
- Provide details: why is this tip you are sharing important? How does it help applicants? Is it tied to a specific kind of jobs?
- Time: is this piece of advice current? How long ago did it work for you?
- Generic advice: avoid common sense tips like “build a portfolio on GitHub” or “tailor your resume to each company”. Remember, other learners will benefit the most from insightful advice that they don’t hear anywhere else
- Start a conversation: a tidy, on-topic thread will help everyone find relevant information quickly and efficiently. If you want to talk to any of the users sharing advice, consider a DM