See It To Believe It - The Box Model - Error Message Even tho Code is Correct?

https://www.codecademy.com/courses/web-beginner-en-6merh/0/1?curriculum_id=50579fb998b470000202dc8b#

My CSS is exactly as what is described, but it won't let me continue. It keeps saying the border width is not 1px.
I'm on Windows 10 using Chrome. I've refreshed several times and my view is at 100%. I also tried in Mozilla Firefox and still no dice :frowning:

CSS:
* {
    border: 1px dashed #0000FF;
}

Try breaking the code like this:

* {
    border: 1px dashed;
    color: #0000FF;
}

I tried that before, but gave it another shot. Still getting an error but this time it says "i own you" :confused:

jk it doesn't say that, but I feel like it wants to..

:laughing: :laughing:... for the color property, try border-color.

I went further and tried this:

* {
    border-width: 1px;
    border-color: #0000FF;
    border-style: dashed;
}

Still an error for both browsers. Is this my life now, lol.

Woah!

Let's go back to top and try this again:

* {
    border: 1px dashed #0000FF;
}

Please, consider that you haven't tampered with the html file.

I reset the code and typed it out again from scratch. Still nothing. I should also add that at the end of the section "Margins, Borders, and Padding - Review" I get the same error message saying the border for isn't 1px wide when the code is correct.

It's annoying because I've otherwise completed the entire section but because those two parts won't check off for me it showing HTML & CSS as 83% complete instead of 100% >_<

Cc: @zainabrawat :wink:

Could you please paste in your full HTML & CSS or first try another browser if that doesn't work then paste in the code.

@bayoishola20 Next time click the invite button

I tried that several times. I used Chrome and Mozilla.

Reset and try again ?

Please paste in your code so I can help you further

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.