Searchcademy / copy paste into bash

Hey,

in the searchcademy project you’re supposed to give a few longer commands in the bash command line that are already written in the project description.

Is it possible to paste into the bash command line?

https://www.codecademy.com/paths/computer-science/tracks/search-algorithms/modules/searchcademy/projects/searchcademy

greetings!
Marcus

We might be on different systems, but for me it works if I right click with my mouse in the bash terminal and click “paste” after I’ve copied it. I noticed it didn’t work with the usual ctrl-v

3 Likes

As an addition to @irlfede’s answer you can use keyboard shortcuts but they’ll often be different to your standard copy/paste shortcut. It’s a little out of date now (may have to search for your current system if it’s no good) but this SO answer has a few keyboard shortcuts for pasting into the shell in various different OS systems (answer covers more than Linux)-

1 Like

thanks for your response! Yes, this works on the bash on my pc but not in the codecademy environment of the website. i’ll just type it by hand i guess.

Hi, thanks for your response, interesting post! on the bash on my pc the ctrl + insert works but none work on the presented bash terminal of the codecadamy website. I’ll just type it i guess

Using the pop up menu from right clicking to access ‘cut’ and ‘paste’ worked for me too!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.