[SCT} jQuery, Clear out the status box

I’ve read here that we need to use single quotes to “Clear out the status box”, and it does work if we change all double quotes. But then I tried several options to see what is accepted, and it is a bit odd:

NOT ACCEPTED:
function click() { var post = $(".status-box").val(); $('.status-box').val(''); $("<li>").text(post).prependTo(".posts"); }

ACCEPTED (see line 2):
function click() { var post = $('.status-box').val(); $('.status-box').val(''); $("<li>").text(post).prependTo(".posts"); }

ACCEPTED (see line 4):
function click() { var post = $(".status-box").val(); $('.status-box').val(''); $('<li>').text(post).prependTo(".posts"); }

NOT ACCEPTED (see line 4):
function click() { var post = $(".status-box").val(); $('.status-box').val(''); $("<li>").text(post).prependTo('.posts'); }

and most importantly,

ACCEPTED (see line 5):
function click() { var post = $(".status-box").val(); $("<li>").text(post).prependTo(".posts"); } $('.status-box').val('');

which not only doesn’t work, but even triggers an error:
SyntaxError: missing ) after argument list

Is this the place to report such a bug/problem?

Hey Bruno,

Thanks for reporting these!
The category you had it in was fine, but I’ve moved it to the #Codecademy-Community-Lounge:Codecademy-Platform-Problems-and-Suggestions category, so someone on the staff will be able to find it easier :slight_smile:

Rather than guessing why the correctness test accepts or rejects certain variations of the code, you can try using this bookmarklet to view the actual test code in use.