Script.py has been moved error message

Am receiving the error message: “4/script.py has been moved. This will cause problems with this exercise, please move back to its original location or reset your files”
Firstly I don’t know how to move it back. But whether I click “ok” or “reset” I’m being left with an editor that I can’t type anthing on.

Has anyone else experienced this? I’ve refreshed the page and changed browsers but to no avail

4 Likes

I’m having the same problem

I have the same problem too. It started out of the blue a few days ago.

Okay so I think I fixed it. What I did was go back to part 1 of the lesson I was on. The completed code I entered before appeared and I just hit next. I cycled through all parts until I reached part 6 which was the one I was getting the error message on. It still gave me the error but after hitting reset, the code editor unlocked and I could start typing again. It erased a bit of code but after I filled in the gaps I was back in action and was able to finish the the rest of the lesson without any issues. Hope this helps.

I’m getting the same issue. Tried resetting as it asked me to and nothing happened. Tried using a different browser, and nothing happened. I really hope this could be fixed soon. I’m not sure how I’m supposed to move forward.

Also having trouble with this

I am getting a similar error and unable to move forward. I have attempted @michaeldr solution but the code that gets deleted is too much to fill in.
The error:

After hitting reset:

lol i got it now but with 7 i tired contacting support but they dont reply
this is the messagew:
7/script.py has been moved. This will cause problems with this exercise, please move 7/script.py back to its original location, or reset your files

Same here. Really annoying. “7/script.py has been moved. This will cause problems with this exercise, please move 7/script.py back to its original location, or reset your files”

Workaround!

• Go “Back” a section.
  • Then select “Next” to go forward and get error screen.
  • Select “Ok”
  • Select your old code and delete.
  • Copy and paste code from a forum/Github and hit “Next”
1 Like

/forum/Github: where exactly would I find the code for a particuar lesson?

I’ve managed to finish the lesson. The error kept appearing, but I clicked OK every time and moved on to the next parts.

The same problem with https://www.codecademy.com/courses/learn-python/lessons/loops/exercises/for-your-hobbies?action=lesson_resume
Support ignores.
It’s possible to edit code after click OK, but “Run” button hangs and system doesn’t let to go forward. How to finish the course &

Same issue: 9/script.py has been moved. This will cause problems with this exercise, please move 9/script.py back to its original location, or reset your files
I’ve reset and run the codes from beginning still same issue…

So I tried working backwards… ran a copy paste code from repl.it and unlocked the next tutorial

1 Like

I keep getting same issues too

Still having this same issue. Really ■■■■■■■ frustrating.

this issue still happens

The Python course has been moved to a new environment, this affected progress. This change was announced in

• Codecademy’s Blog
  • In the exercises themselves
  • You may have even received an e-mail

The Codecademy Team did its best to get this announcement out to everyone and is working very hard to find and fix any and all issues caused by this move. Currently, the best thing you can do is submit a bug report. Unfortunately, other than this, there really isn’t anything we can do to help you.

3 Likes