School Catalog project

You must select a tag to post in this category. Please find the tag relating to the section of the course you are on E.g. loops, learn-compatibility
hi there,
I have started doing the School Catalog project, but I have encounter a difficulty. When I call the quickFackts() metod it doesn’t show the property values but shows undefined. Also I don’t understand in the related walkthrough video in the quickFacts() method the placeholders are refered eg as {this.name}, while in the class the property is _name, so why it is not {this._name}?
When you ask a question, don’t forget to include a link to the exercise or project you’re dealing with!

If you want to have the best chances of getting a useful answer quickly, make sure you follow our guidelines about how to ask a good question. That way you’ll be helping everyone – helping people to answer your question and helping others who are stuck to find the question and answer! :slight_smile:

difficult to say without your code. Please copy paste your code to the forum

giving a property a underscore prefix is a naming convention which means the property uses getters (and/or setters), so this.name “calls” the getter. using this._name would access the property directly.

thanks stetim94, regarding the name convention it is now clear that we are to call the method and referring to the property directly