Rust course

I believe there should be a Rust course for CodeCademy. This is recommended for a number of reasons such as Rust is a low level compiled system’s programming language, contains safety memory features and uses ownership instead of carbage collector which has no impact on your current run-time performance, prevents data races and has high level abstractions, which makes it a much better language than C++. Rust can also be used for web development through WebAssembly Rust (which is better than JavaScript).

Rust can be used for various applications such as web development, games development, software development, software engineering, operating systems development etc.

27 Likes

@lilybird Looking at the breadcrumb, I’m not clear if this made it to the suggestion box (so perhaps it needs to be moved?), but with Rust recently having been giving it’s own foundation, this language definitely is worth taking a look at for a course, if you don’t already have one planned.

Do you know if there is a Rust course planned?

1 Like

Checking in with our curriculum product managers now- I will report back soon with an update :slight_smile: Thanks for calling attention to this @christotainteddingo!

Update: They have Rust on their radar, but there has been recent concern about the future of Rust. This is not to say we won’t ever develop a course on Rust, however, it is not on the roadmap just yet.

2 Likes

Hi @lilybird . Thanks for the update. Question though, what about the future of Rust are they concerned about?

2 Likes