Run HTML & JS out of codecademy

Can someone please tell me what programs to read javascript and HTML so that I may see if my code works outside of Codecademy. Thank you

Local on PC

For HTML save the file as an HTML document so extension .html and you can run it in any browser by double clicking of the file or right clicking and open with ...

See this post for more info:

OR

You can play around in codebits and online websites like: jsbin.com, CodePen

Thanks Zainabrawat. One more question is why when I copy source code from a website and plug it in, the reader does not read the information? I did this with random javascript websites and popular php websites such as facebook.

Where and how did you run the code ? If online paste in the share URL if on pc please explain how you did it and maybe paste in your code & some screen shots :slight_smile:

This one is from a site that uses javascript. (legworkstudio.com). Whenever I copy and paste it onto a reader it just displays three lines as opposed to the entire site. Please help and thank you for your help thus far.

<title>Legwork Studio / Creativity. Innovation. DIY Ethic.</title>

<meta name="description" content="Hello internet voyager. We are a creative production studio located in Denver, CO. Got a minute? Click on those blue words up there.">
	<meta name="copyright" content="Copyright © Legwork. All Rights Reserved.">
	<meta name="author" content="Legwork Studio (http://www.legworkstudio.com)">
	<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0, maximum-scale=1.0, user-scalable=no">

<link rel="apple-touch-icon-precomposed" sizes="57x57" href="/apple-touch-icon-57x57.png" />
	<link rel="apple-touch-icon-precomposed" sizes="114x114" href="/apple-touch-icon-114x114.png" />
	<link rel="apple-touch-icon-precomposed" sizes="72x72" href="/apple-touch-icon-72x72.png" />
	<link rel="apple-touch-icon-precomposed" sizes="144x144" href="/apple-touch-icon-144x144.png" />
	<link rel="apple-touch-icon-precomposed" sizes="60x60" href="/apple-touch-icon-60x60.png" />
	<link rel="apple-touch-icon-precomposed" sizes="120x120" href="/apple-touch-icon-120x120.png" />
	<link rel="apple-touch-icon-precomposed" sizes="76x76" href="/apple-touch-icon-76x76.png" />
	<link rel="apple-touch-icon-precomposed" sizes="152x152" href="/apple-touch-icon-152x152.png" />
	<link rel="icon" type="image/png" href="/favicon-196x196.png" sizes="196x196" />
	<link rel="icon" type="image/png" href="/favicon-96x96.png" sizes="96x96" />
	<link rel="icon" type="image/png" href="/favicon-32x32.png" sizes="32x32" />
	<link rel="icon" type="image/png" href="/favicon-16x16.png" sizes="16x16" />
	<link rel="icon" type="image/png" href="/favicon-128.png" sizes="128x128" />
	<meta name="application-name" content="&nbsp;"/>
	<meta name="msapplication-TileColor" content="#FFFFFF" />
	<meta name="msapplication-TileImage" content="/mstile-144x144.png" />
	<meta name="msapplication-square70x70logo" content="/mstile-70x70.png" />
	<meta name="msapplication-square150x150logo" content="/mstile-150x150.png" />
	<meta name="msapplication-wide310x150logo" content="/mstile-310x150.png" />
	<meta name="msapplication-square310x310logo" content="/mstile-310x310.png" />

<meta property="og:type" content="website">
	<meta property="og:site_name" content="Legwork">
	<meta property="og:title" content="Legwork Studio / Creativity. Innovation. DIY Ethic.">
	<meta property="og:description" content="We are an independent studio from Denver, CO. We create animation and interactive experiences with brands and agencies all over the world.">
	<meta property="og:url" content="http://www.legworkstudio.com/">
	<meta property="og:image" content="http://www.legworkstudio.com/facebot.jpg">

<meta name="twitter:card" content="summary" />
	<meta name="twitter:site" content="@Legwork" />
	<meta name="twitter:title" content="Legwork Studio" />
	<meta name="twitter:description" content="We are an independent studio from Denver, CO. We create animation and interactive experiences with brands and agencies all over the world." />

<script>
		var rxaosp = window.navigator.userAgent.match(/Android.*AppleWebKit\/([\d.]+)/);
		var isaosp = (rxaosp && rxaosp[1] < 537)
		if (isaosp) {
			var html = document.documentElement;
			html.className += " weak";
		}
	</script>

<link rel="stylesheet" href="/styles/style-a20b7879.css"/>

<script src="/scripts/vendor_top.min-9d550bd1.js"></script>

<script>
		(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){
		(i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o),
		m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m)
		})(window,document,'script','//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga');
		ga('create', 'UA-7058517-1', 'auto');
		ga('send', 'pageview');
	</script>
</head>
<body>

<div id="wrapper">
		<div id="ruler-of-the-darkness"></div>
		<div id="wrapper-inner">
			<header></header>
			<div id="pages">
				<div id="pages-inner"></div>
				<div id="pages-transition"></div>
			</div>
		</div>
	</div>

<div id="fallback">
		<div class="table">
			<div class="table-cell">
				<div class="content">
					<div class="content-inner">
						<p class="weak-copy">Accepting incoming fax ...<br>Oh wait, that's your browser!<br><a href="http://outdatedbrowser.com">Better update that rust bucket :)</a></p>
						<p class="no-js-copy">We write JavaScript for a living.</p>
					</div>
				</div>
			</div>
		</div>
	</div>

<script src="/scripts/vendor.min-a535531a.js"></script>

<script src="/scripts/app.min-5750d7f3.js"></script>
</body>

I used a website called thimble.mozilla.org

This is the output

Most of the scripts and links tagged won't work as they linked as local not global links(they don't have an online address)

What does that mean the tags linked as local links?

Where does this link go ? no where. Local means on your pc

Thanks a bunch. I hope they give you a promotion :slight_smile:

Moderators are voluntary we don't get paid, we are not official staff :slight_smile:

Oh, well thank you for offering your time then.

Codecademy also offers a lab for Ruby, Python, and, JavaScript. labs repl.it

Correct, although it's important to note that labs is not being updated anymore and the versions it's using of each language are likely outdated now. Don't depend on labs, I'd go with @zainabrawat's suggestions.

A bigger list of external sites like jsbin and Codepen:
JS Bin
CodePen
JSFiddle
Cloud9
CSSDeck

Actually Zainab, I believe Admin is a potential (hard to get) promotion from moderator.. :stuck_out_tongue:

I agree. I read "out of codecademy" as "from a piece of codecademy developed software" so I came up with that.
:stuck_out_tongue:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.