Rock your selectors, paragraph color error

https://www.codecademy.com/courses/web-beginner-en-WF0CF/0/4?curriculum_id=50579fb998b470000202dc8b#

I get this error message when I use the code provided below.
Oops, try again. Did you remember to set the color of the paragraphs outside divs to #00E5EE?

p{
    color:00E5EE;
}
div p{
    color:cc0000;
}

*{
    border : dotted #3A5FCD;
}

To define color in the hex format you have to precede it with the hash symbol - #, for example:

color: #00E5EE;

Indeed, your code is missing "#" from the color of first and second paragraphs (p and div p);

But I'm encountering the same problem with "#".

If you did find the "bug" let me know as well what was! If I found it first I'll come back with the solution!

found it:
seemed that you have to "define" boarder-color.

p {
color: #00E5EE;
}

div p {
color: #CC0000;
}

• {
    border: 1px solid;
    border-color: #3A5FCD;
    }

It does not make sense to mix specific properties (border-color) and shorthand properties (border). Please do not encourage others to do this.

The only problem with the code posted by OP is lack of the # in color definitions.

p {
    color:#00E5EE;
}
div p {
    color: #cc0000;
}
* {
    border : dotted #3A5FCD;
}

thanks for the correction, I'm novice into this and I found that it worked for this example, I didn't knew what else to do to pass this step, and as you wrote the "code" somehow it didn't worked for me, I was keep receiving the same error message!

Hi, I didn't use the value"color" in the border line

index.html

stylesheet.css

/*Add your CSS below!*/

p{ color:#00e5ee;}

div p{color:#cc0000;}

*{ border : #3a5fcd dashed 2px;}

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.