Result undefined but no error messages?

Hi everyone, just started trying to learn Javascript and I'm having my first big problem.
I've been making the rock, paper, scissors game and I'm only the final steps but every time I input a move, the computers move displays as undefined although the website says I have finished correctly and prompts me to move on to the next level

https://www.codecademy.com/courses/javascript-beginner-en-Bthev-mskY8/1/5?curriculum_id=506324b3a7dffd00020bf661

var userChoice = prompt("Do you choose rock, paper or scissors?");
var computerChoice = Math.random();
if (computerChoice < 0.34) {
	computerChoice = "Rock";
} else if(computerChoice <= 0.67) {
	computerChoice = "Paper";
} else {
	computerChoice = "Scissors";
} console.log("Computer: " + computerChoice);

var compare = function(choice1, choice2) {
if (choice1 === choice2) { 

return "The result is a tie!";
}

else if (choice1 === "rock") {

if (choice2 === "scissors") {
return "rock wins";
}
else {
    return "paper wins";
}
}

//
else if (choice1 === "paper") {

if (choice2 === "rock") {
    return "paper wins"
    }
    else {
        return "scissors wins";
    }
}
//
else if (choice1 === "scissors") {

if (choice2 === "rock") {
        return "rock wins"
    }
    else {
        return "scissors wins";
    }
}
};

console.log(compare(userChoice, computerChoice));

you also get the undefined if you enter something valid? Or only something invalid?

Hi,
1 - when defining computerChoice at the beginning you wrote Rock, Paper and Scissors instead of rock, paper, scissors - should you modify?
2- at the end, when calling the function, compare(userChoice, computerChoice) is enough; yet, using console.log still displays the results if:
3- you write rock, paper or scissors in the box ("codecademy.com says":...) occuring when you choose to save and submit answer.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.