Hi there, as a beginner, I would like to ask if any of you, be it novice or veteran coders, can recommend me some resources to better aid beginners like me who are struggling to start from scratch...
Here are some questions which I've came up with:
1. What are some static code analysis tools which don't require downloading? Or those that don't take up much storage space in the computer?
2. What are some of the textbooks which you use to learn programming? (preferably free, can be in the form of pdf files too)
It would cost a bomb if I were to buy a textbook for every programming language, so can any kind souls recommend me free online resources? hehe
3. Out of all these code editors, which one do you recommend the most, and why?
Currently I'm using CodePen, so I'll exclude CodePen from the list...
Note that this list is adapted from Which code editor do you use the most? by @zystvan
- Web based (Cloud9, collabedit, etc.)
- Sublime text
- Notepad/ Notepad(++)
- Terminal based (Vim, Vi, Nano, etc.)
- Visual Studio
- Others (please state)
4. Do you have any advice or additional resources for beginners?
Any help is greatly appreciated!
Last but not least, I would like to say that I really appreciate any help offered by you guys! Really, thank you very much, your help means a lot to me. For beginners like me, feel free to add on is you have any questions! Please also give a 'like ' if this topic has helped you in any way.