[#39] AngularJS: "[33mWARN [karma]: [39mPort 9876 in use" error

This error message is exclusive to the AngularJS course.

1 Like

It’s been almost 3 weeks since I first posted this topic. I don’t want to accuse Codecademy for not doing their jobs properly, but having the same problem unfixed for days and not providing any updates on the issue does raise a question on their problem-busting abilities.

Also, for those of you having the same issue, try doing the exercise/course on a different computer. I was able to complete the course by switching from one workstation to another whenever I had bug issues.

2 Likes

I am having the same error! :S

2 Likes

just letting us skip over sections we don’t need/ are broken would go a very long way. I’ve said it to a rep but if I couldn’t skip sections during the JS course I felt were repetitive, like the for loops, I likely would’ve just quit before I was charged the subscription fee.

2 Likes

@jcollins1993

I know you meant that in a different way… but I still found it slightly amusing :wink:

1 Like

I found this forum about a error that has been archived as ‘fixed’ however I am now experiencing it and cant get past this exercise now because of it. I have reported the bug and I have tried restarting over in a new browser it is still coming up.

2 Likes

I just got this too, and can’t continue with the course. Same problem in Chrome and Firefox. Refreshing the page, clearing cache, and resetting the course doesn’t help. It definitely isn’t fixed.

2 Likes

I experience the same issue as wel in the 9. ng-click course as well. It does seems it only happens in the Angular Js course as far as I’ve noticed. is there any quick remedy we can try so at least I can progress beyond this point?

2 Likes

It appears to be working again for me. I reported the bug and the team have now fixed it again. Thanking you!

3 Likes

I am getting this error on the AngularJS course. I have tried resetting the exercise and changing browsers and even the computer. I cannot move on with the course because of this error. I was going to sign up for the Pro version but this error is very frustrating. I was trying to learn this for a technical interview and it would be great if someone could help me get this working again.

2 Likes

What error do you get when you click on “See full error”?

1 Like

Good afternoon, I am having the same problem now. Unable to complete the steps because of this message error:

“Oops! The test returned an error. Maybe you have a syntax error, or a typo. Hide error.[33mWARN [karma]: [39mPort 9876 in use”

It is in AngularJS, ‘Your first App’ - ‘9.ng-click I’
I never had this warning before. Please, solve it asap

2 Likes

This error message has already been submitted to the engineers. There are many users reporting this and they have said that they are looking into it.

3 Likes

@albionsrefuge might want to let them know this is literally platform breaking. You pay for a subscription to access content, this bug prevents subscribers from learning content and progressing. I’m already considering using my 14-day refund because what is the point of paying for something that you can’t use.

3 Likes

Same here: [33mWARN [karma]: e[39mPort 9876 in use

Very frustrating because the course seems very interesting. Will learn .git since I think codecademy is really worth more than a try :wink:

3 Likes

It worked with me after a few hours. You should try again later.

2 Likes

Thanks will do…:slight_smile:

2 Likes

This bug still isn’t fixed. Would be nice if there were any updates on progress.

2 Likes

Bug isn’t fixed, getting it on Built-in and Custom Directives.

2 Likes

I am getting the same issue on just the first line of code.

2 Likes