[reported #33] Hello AngularJS I , "maybe you have a syntax error", [33mWARN [karma], [32mINFO [karma]

Just received the same error:

e[33mWARN [karma]: e[39mPort 9876 in use

this was on the first lesson for angularJS :frowning:

I restarted the exercise and was able to reproduce this issue. It must be a database issue or something amiss in the testing. On speaking with an Advisor, the issue has been reported, so now we wait.

This is really frustrating. We’re unable to progress with the following exercises until this evaluation bug is fixed.

@kdub_bne We understood that it’s frustrating from the initial report that there’s a bug :wink:
This has been reported, and the Codecademy team is working on it though, so you can expect it to get fixed soon :slight_smile:

Yes, I understood that from Roy’s (ntf’s) post.
Thanks anyway.

added:
I’m a little disappointed that the report I made hasn’t been acknowledged by Codecademy.

@kdub_bne

It has; both @mtf and I are Codecademy Moderators. We monitor the forums and pass stuff along to staff on the backend, who are responsible for fixing bugs and adding in new features. We (the moderators) are who take care of stuff on the forums :slight_smile:

Thanks Zeke.
So, who actually gets the “Report a Bug” reports that can be generated from the exercise page ??

ie ; this one.

Ever heard of ‘example.com’?

That’s about where this question is going. We do not have answers for what goes on outside of these forums. Our voice is not much clearer than yours, only slightly.

The plain answer is whomever checks that e-mail account. Then the process begins at that end. We are not privy from our stance.

Yes.

It would be nice if there was an auto responder that at least said "Thanks. We got your report. "

or “We’re looking at the issue” or some such.

If I was aware that the issue was out of your hands I wouldn’t have bothered commenting in these forums.

Thanks Roy.

Just because we may not be able to wave a magic wand and solve problems it does not mean we cannot help in solving them. Our role is to funnel problems to the people who can solve them. We are ushers. Eventually, your ‘seat’ will be found.

Thanks Roy,
Stay Well.

1 Like

The issue seems to be resolved.
Thanks.

2 Likes

I have just re-completed the AngularJS module and can confirm that everyting is ‘A-Okay’. Closing this topic.