Renew subscription and lost refund my account

Hello,

I messaged four times through “Get help” support section from your codecademy website and emailed as well about subscription to renew and also I had refund $39.99, which was in my account and cannot find it when I log in. And it won’t show after my previous subscription expired. I haven’t heard from anyone yet. I am very disappointed, and why would anyone ignore my message and email. In my previous year as a pro member never had a support from your staff. I will do myself to finish web development career path. Please, reply. I’d like to renew and lost my job due Covid-19. I’d like to start coding and get a job.

Thanks!

Hello @mj1786
Unfortunately , we can’t settle billing on the forums.
However since you say you have submitted tickets already and have not heard anything back, I can ask someone to look into this.

I am not certain I understand your problem though.
Are you asking for a refund, or asking to renew your subscription?

2 Likes

well, I am asking for both. I had refund then would have added that payment to help me to renew subscription.

And just tell them to look into this issues. Yes, I had submitted tickets several times and the staff kept ignoring it. Also, emailed them. So disappointing.

I sent a message to ‘those higher than me’ within the forums, asking them to look at this.

As I understand it there has been quiet a bit more activity than normal due to the current virus situation as people are looking into new jobs. I doubt they would have ignored it, it is most likely just mixed with a large pile of other requests they have to work with too.

1 Like

If you are getting your subscription renewed, what are asking to be refunded?

It was partial refunded, because I wasn’t happy to book a session with a coach. So I cannot use that refund to renew it. Even, I cannot get these payment back to bank account. Have a look at attachment, then in what ways do I have to use that refund.

I received a message from one of the admininstrators that this has been sent to the staff.
The staff should hopefully get back to this tomorrow.

I will let you know if I hear more, but you most likely will hear from them.

Please, I was in the trial and ready to cancel it when I was charged. I need a refund as my card was debited . I had no need for the pro subscription. I was just checking the codecademy site after I hear from the site from some people. I cannot afford the account at this time.

Please help me get a refund

Hello @grantrothquel3506496 ,

We are not able to resolve any payment issues on the forums. You will need to contact them for assistance.

1 Like

@coffeencake ,

Could you please ask someone in your finance department, as I am really in need of the cash, I am the only provider in the household.

Please review this to your higher people, I only wanted to know how the Codecademy works. To be honest I cannot afford it.

@coffeencake and also another note I have sent them an email and they refer me to a answerbot the whole time, I need to speak with someone ASAP Please.

Hello @grantrothquel3506496 ,

I’m sorry we’re volunteers supporting the community in their learning and not able to assist with billing :slight_smile: You may have to wait until Monday to for help with your billing with Codecademy.

1 Like

Hello, I was mistakenly charged for a one year’s subscription but I really can’t afford it at this juncture- my credit would get suspended and I would go into debt trying to pay the bills back especially due to unstable conditions due to Covid-19. I’ve submitted two tickets to the staff but I didn’t get any response - seeing that others have gotten replies within 12-48 hours is very worrying for me. Please, @lilybird or anyone that can help - I can’t afford the yearly subscription now. If it’s a month I would’ve just paid. Please help me.

Hi, I’m sorry this happened, but we can’t answer any billing questions on the forums.
Please contact customer support via the help page.

Hi I have had £199 taken from my account and I don’t even use code academy I would like a refund

If you read above: We cannot answer billing questions on the forums. Please contact customer support.

Hi plz I need a refund it has auto renewed I can not afford the price and I don’t use code academy

When would I get a response

When would I get a response

Thank you
Zeeshan