Remove_duplicates

So I'm trying to see if appending the numbers to new_list then going through new_list for any duplicates and removing them, is easier or a right way of doing this. Is their an easy function that looks over a list and leaves one of each?

def remove_duplicates(lits):
    new_list = []
    for x in lits:
        new_list.append(x)
        for y in new_list:

Replace this line with your code.

you can use in keyword to check if something is present in a list

I came up with the soultion of the problem by mistake, but then I relized why it was so simple.

def remove_duplicates(x): # this is the defined function
dup_list=[] # this is the list that will keep all the charachers from x
for i in x: # this is looping into X
if i not in dup_list: # basically this says, if the number i is not in the dup_list add it, if it is do not add it.
dup_list.append(i)# this actually adds the number that is not already in the list.

return dup_list # this says ok at the end of the fuction return me the list that we created

EXAMPLE LIST:
n=[4,44,44,4,33,33,2,1]
print remove_duplicates(n)
[4, 44, 33, 2, 1]

I hope this helps to clarify the excersie, by the way I am learning so I do not know for sure if what I said make sense for you or anyone, so feedback is highly appreciated.

new_list = []
for x in lits:
if new_list==[]:
new_list.append(x)
continue
for y in new_list:
if x!=y:
new_list.append(x)

return new_list

please help me what is wrong with my code

please stop hijacking other topics, go here and press the make new topic button and start making your own topics

I'm a little confused here. I originally tried to return new_list but it wouldn't work. Replaced it with x and now it works. It also prints just the 2.

new_list = []
    for x in lits:
        if x not in lits:
            new_list.append(x)
    return x

print remove_duplicates([1,1,2,2])

here:

if x not in lits:

why would you want to check if x is not in lits? all values are in lits, Please rethink this. You want to check if x is not yet in new_list, and then return new_list