Remaining in codecademy after my pro membership ends

How do I still remain in my career path without being yanked off codecademy after my pro membership ends

Hi there, welcome to the forums!

The Career Paths are a Pro-only feature, I’m afraid; however, there are many courses which have a free-to-access component. Depending on which path you’re taking, a sub-set of the content may remain available to you if your Pro subscription lapses. :slight_smile:

My career path is Web development.
Courses are html CSS and javascript.

Some of the component parts of the path can be covered with a Free account, like the Learn HTML material.

Some others, like the interactive JavaScript content, can not.

In short, not everything that the Web Development path would cover is available without a Pro subscription. (You also don’t get the curated pathway without Pro, you’d be taking the courses separately and would need to join everything up on your own.)

OK.
So how do I go about the pro subscription?

You can subscribe to Pro through your profile page on the main site. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’d also like to note that any progress you’ve made so far will be saved even when your PRO ends. Welcome to the forums!

1 Like

Do I click on the pro membership link and select upgrade now? because I can see a “new pro student membership” on my dashboard , and upgrade now when I click on the pro membership link. Which one of them is the right link to subscribe PRO

@dr_victoria et @thepitycoder I’ve been unable to subscribe to PRO . Each time i click on join pro or join pro student it brings me back to my dashboard. Kindly assist.

I think this is happening as you already have a Pro subscription, and I think you’re trying to re-subscribe. The checkout page is recognising that you already have Pro, so you don’t need to sign up again.

The Extending Your Subscription page on the Help Center might be useful; if that doesn’t work, you may have to wait for your existing subscription to lapse and then re-subscribe.

You can also reach out to the Codecademy Customer Support team, and ask them for assistance as the forum team (mods & super users) don’t have any access to your account. CS would be able to help you better, as they can actually see your account. :slight_smile:

2 Likes